Altitude vs Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandy

I've been having a look on the Westpac website, but not too sure what card to get.

Can anyone tell me the differences between their new Earth and the Altitude program.

Earth is linked only to QFF? Altitude you can redeem for any program?

Couldn't really find a clear comparison on their website.

I think originally they marketed Earth on its environmental cred* trying to hide the fact that it was a Westpac card. Now that it is obvious it is just another Wetspac card it is trying to find a market.

Altitude will not be 'any' airline for long as after March next year Qantas drops out.

Earth does give bonus points for Qantas purchases, has an introductory Amex triple points offer and a joining bonus if you aren't already a Westpac card customer.

Altitude is usually included with the Westpac home loan products without the annual fee.

I use the Altitude card and will probably stay with it ( as opposed to moving to Earth) as I generally take my points as 'retail shopping cards". The Altitude shop and their flight arrangements always seem 'expensive'.

-------------------------------------------------
*The environmental cred of a credit card that gave bonus points for Qantas flights and encouraged people to redeem points for more carbon producing flights is yet to be determined.

The issue you will find with ALtitude is that transfers to QFF will stop (outside joining Qantas Altitude and not sure if this is open to new people). So the basic thing comes down to whether going forward you want to credit to QFF (Earth), or you want to use for non QFF (altitude) awards.

They're offering a new 'Altitude Qantas' card.
From a quick glance, this doesn't offer any of the 'Altitude Shop' etc associated with the current card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back