Not open for further replies.

scheps

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Hi everyone,

Given recent demise in certain aspect of this card, I am looking to cancel if annual fee is not waived.... hence a few questions...
1. Anyone actually had their fee waived successfully?
2. Can points be T/F to e.g. enrich of a sup card holder?
3. Are point T/F in set blocks or once over a certain amount, it is possible to transfer entire amount e.g. 1234567?

Thanks in adv. - Scheps

p.s. altitude black - sorry about that.

Hi everyone,

Given recent demise in certain aspect of this card, I am looking to cancel if annual fee is not waived.... hence a few questions...
1. Anyone actually had their fee waived successfully?
2. Can points be T/F to e.g. enrich of a sup card holder?
3. Are point T/F in set blocks or once over a certain amount, it is possible to transfer entire amount e.g. 1234567?

Thanks in adv. - Scheps

p.s. altitude black - sorry about that.

What aspects are you referring to the recent demise of?

I had my annual fee waived a month ago.

any particular strategy? i just noticed my fee was charged this month and given changes mentioned in this and other threads will also be looking for alternative options.

(e.g. just call up and ask, you already have a mortgage product with them etc?)

I had my annual fee waived a month ago.

Not sure about the answers to your other questions

Thanks m8. Maybe I will give that a go and see. If they say no then continue original plan of dumping the card.

What aspects are you referring to the recent demise of?

As others have already answered, but it may or may not be relevant to you. No other aspects have been significantly enhanced as far as i can tell.

Have decided to stop chasing the last of the good cards remaining and will make do with my WWEDR and NAB cards after November until they also fade.
Will definitely miss the points warehousing feature of the Altitude Black which wont be renewed unless my December renewal is able to be done with full fee waive.
Westpac currently has waived fees for 12 months on the Business Altitude Platinum which appears to be a reasonable card. Hopefully will allow the transfer Altitude points between accounts if the need arises. Did the application online which was extremely easy with fields already populated with my responses from my earlier Black application. Asked for double my Black limit which was approved on the spot and appearing on my online accounts a day later. Rather bizarre considering how much trouble I had originally with the Black.

My Black warehouse has points in it which I don't need to transfer straight away as SQ points have a time clock on them. After November 8th I had better talk with them.

I haven't tried to get the fee waived, but will try come March.

Similarly, I haven't tried to transfer to accounts in different names.

I think the transfer blocks depend on where they're transferring to - each partner is different.

I have the black thru my mortgage. I have spoken to the Advantage package people and they are willing to transfer my black to a Westpac krisflyer card . Recently I have applied for and received a Westpac plat business cc (as the 1.5 kris points per dollar is better than what AMEX offer me on one of my other point harvesting games). I have spoken to altitude points people and they will transfer my black points warehouse to my plat business account so they warehousing continues on with no point expiry. happy result for me at this stage in the game.

I have the black thru my mortgage. I have spoken to the Advantage package people and they are willing to transfer my black to a Westpac krisflyer card . Recently I have applied for and received a Westpac plat business cc (as the 1.5 kris points per dollar is better than what AMEX offer me on one of my other point harvesting games). I have spoken to altitude points people and they will transfer my black points warehouse to my plat business account so they warehousing continues on with no point expiry. happy result for me at this stage in the game.

Planning the same but probably get the base Altitude for black points storage at $100 per year rather then the business plat which is $250 per year after year one!

Planning the same but probably get the base Altitude for black points storage at $100 per year rather then the business plat which is $250 per year after year one!
Nice result to warehouse to altitude points. I needed the 3 altitude per $ so for me the only option was the business plat. All other altitude cards are 2:1

Nice result to warehouse to altitude points. I needed the 3 altitude per $ so for me the only option was the business plat. All other altitude cards are 2:1

Business plat can do ATO?

I am still loading and with a month to go the stash will be pretty good seeing I have quarterlies for 10 and I will squeeze in two lots of BAS as well.

No I don't think so I think it went even before the recent enhancements to the black , I am swapping to the Westpac kris for the ATO spend. The direct sweep is not an issue for me with my ATO spend. If I end up getting too many into kris flyer I may swap the ATO spend to one of the Amplify cards , low point return than Westpac amex but also lower ATO fee as visa

I'm still trying to come to terms with no ato payments. For those changing what card is are you thinking of changing to?

I understand business platinum is halved same as Black, but apparently not Business Gld (according to ausbt). Is general consensus Black for all non-ATO spend and Krisflyer for ATO spend? Is there any reason people put spend through Black vs Business Platinum? Seems business platinum offers a potentially higher credit limit with same rewards earning/options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back