Status
Not open for further replies.

MH_fan

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
This is very confusing. It is not entirely clear on their website whether airport lounge access is complimentary or not. All the lounges listed state a guest fee but I can't really tell if this is for an extra guest or for member access? Any clarification or experience would be much appreciated.

Mrs andye took Master andye1 into the Prioity Pass lounge in KUL recently with her (supplementary) DC. Only charged once (presumably for my son)

Be prepared to hear for some lounges listed on the website to say that they don't accept Australian DC card holders. Specifically, the LHR T2 lounge - at least last year, but I've since terminated my card and don't have any more recent experience.

Thanks for the replies. Looks like the lounges in Malaysia, at least, are complimentary, which is what I'm currently interested in.

Quick feedback on my recent SIN lounge visit.

SATS Premier Lounge

The lounge was good, but busy. There were complimentary showers, and food and drinks.

I used Loungebuddy to tell me that my entry and using the food,drinks, and showers were complimentary for DC AU cardholders. On arrival, I asked the reception desk whether i have complimentary access to the Lounge, but they said they just do registration, and I needed to talk to DC to know if we will be charged.

I had actually spoken to a DC customer service, and he had said the entry is complimentary, and any VIP service is charged. He did not know what the lounge charged as VIP service.

Now the kicker! On telling the reception desk, they said they said i can use any service, but then it is on DC to charge me.:confused:

So I decided to go ahead, and follow Loungebuddy, and used whatever was noted as free.Sat for a while, had a small nibble, and a drink, then left.

Now speaking to a DC customer service within 10 days of the visit, she informed me there was a 40$ hold on my card due to this visit. I informed her on the entire scenario, and she confirmed that I hadn't used any VIP service, and shouldn't be charged.
She also said she will be sending a letter to the lounge, informing them access rules for all DC Australia members.

Well, now that being said, I am wondering if this will be the case for each visit, and I will have to talk to the DC customer support every time, telling them I dint use any chargeable service.

Transiting through Dubai this month, will give this a go again!

P.S give Loungebuddy a try : Use my code, sJKFYdLAEj, and get US$10 credit towards your first lounge experience with LoungeBuddy (Airport Lounges: Reviews & Club Access Worldwide | LoungeBuddy)

There is no fee for Australia DC holders to use the SATS lounge at Singapore. ..

This is very confusing. It is not entirely clear on their website whether airport lounge access is complimentary or not. All the lounges listed state a guest fee but I can't really tell if this is for an extra guest or for member access? Any clarification or experience would be much appreciated.

While I am not a big user of DC for airport lounge access (FF program access is more straightforward), my experience /understanding is lounge access is free for the DC card holder, but any guest of the card holder has to pay the nominated fee.

While I am not a big user of DC for airport lounge access (FF program access is more straightforward), my experience /understanding is lounge access is free for the DC card holder, but any guest of the card holder has to pay the nominated fee.

Get them supplementary cards...I have 3, and they all get lounge access for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back