Accor Elite with KF card : Email "Only 2 months to keep your Elite status"

Status
Not open for further replies.

albatross710

Established Member
With the anniversary of the issue of the Wpac KF card fast approaching I received an email from the Accor A|Club whom offer Elite status with the card.

For nearly a year now, you have enjoyed the benefits of your privileged A|Club Platinum status for all your stays at Accor hotels.

In order to continue enjoying your Elite status without interruption, you only need to earn 24,400 points or spend 59 nights at any Accor hotel before June 30, 2010. After that time, your status level will change automatically and, as a result, you will no longer be able to continue benefiting from all the advantages you have come to appreciate.

Remember, your A|Club Platinum status was granted to you for a period of 12 months, corresponding to 60 nights at our hotels or 25 000 A|Club points.

If I book into an Accor property for every night from now I will retain the status. I did spend a few different stays with Accor but they have been deemed non-qualifying.

I'm assuming that if I renew the WPac Plat card that this status will be renewed by Accor. The Westpac KF site just says

Benefits for Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum cardholders
When you register for A|Club and quote the promotion code sent to you with your cards, you will gain automatic access to A|Club Platinum Membership - a level usually reached after booking 60 nights of accommodation per year.

Anyone else receive this email?

Been there, got that, ignored it.

While it was easy to get the upgrade thanks to the KF credit card, I found the hassle to get points posted and the limited value (unless you are staying at sofitels) not worth my while to stay at accor hotels.

I keep getting caught with the various hotel reward systems as invariably my stays are non-qualifying due to booking through non-hotel sites. While I appreciate that hotels like people to book direct..I like the competition which keeps the prices down.

When I did stay at Sofitel in the past year, the Elite status was honoured and I enjoyed my stays so I will take it for free.

Just thought I'd bump this one again to see if anyone has had any success renewing the Accor Platinum membership.

Westpac/Krisflyer Credit Card website says

Benefits for Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum cardholders
When you register for A|Club and quote the promotion code sent to you with your cards, you will gain automatic access to A|Club Platinum Membership - a level usually reached after booking 60 nights of accommodation per year.

With the annual renewal there isn't a promotion number sent. I called Westpac whom have no idea. I called Singapore Krisflyer call centre and the enquiry is not understood.

Anyone got any clues on the next step?

I'm thinking of having another go with Westpac call centre or just registering with Accor again closer to my next stay and using the original coupon from the original 2009 documentation.

Thoughts & experiences appreciated.

Alby

I keep getting caught with the various hotel reward systems as invariably my stays are non-qualifying due to booking through non-hotel sites. While I appreciate that hotels like people to book direct..I like the competition which keeps the prices down.

Why are you not taking advantage of the best rate guarantee most chains offer including Accor?

Why are you not taking advantage of the best rate guarantee most chains offer including Accor?
I was using Priceline and resulted with a good rate on Sofitel. While I was able to get the Platinum benefits the points were a no go.

I'm thinking of having another go with Westpac call centre or just registering with Accor again closer to my next stay and using the original coupon from the original 2009 documentation.

I wouldn't be surprised if the code used had expired.

I was using Priceline and resulted with a good rate on Sofitel. While I was able to get the Platinum benefits the points were a no go.

Fair enough, A club sounded promising but has proved to be a flop IMHO, the two local Sofitel's dont even participate so I am not in a rush to visit.

I wouldn't be surprised if the code used had expired.

I wouldn't be surprised either. I looked up the original documentation which gives a code like WESIA09 and seeing the 09 thought I'd be out of luck.

I plugged it into the A|Club registration and it worked. I assume I'll receive a new card in the mail from France soon.

I wouldn't be surprised either. I looked up the original documentation which gives a code like WESIA09 and seeing the 09 thought I'd be out of luck.

I plugged it into the A|Club registration and it worked. I assume I'll receive a new card in the mail from France soon.

Did you have any luck with this?

Mine is about to expire.

Did you have any luck with this?

Mine is about to expire.

Thanks for following up. I just went back and logged into the website using my 'new' registration. It is showing as Platinum.

Now that you mention it, I don't think that I did end up receiving a physical card in the post.

Maybe that comes after the first stay. I haven't stayed at any Accor properties since.

Alby.

I was already gold through some other promotion i dont recall, but i just got the KR card a few weeks ago. I rang ACCOR and the girl said just sign up with a different email address and you would get Platinum - and if you had points with any other a-club account they could be joined, i didnt have any points so have just gone with my most recent registration. Stayed at the Novetel in Brisbane last weekend and the points have already shown up and got an email yesterday saying my card was now being sent out.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back