A few Altitude black questions if i may....

Status
Not open for further replies.

scheps

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Hi guys,

I am considering this card for transfer to MH or KF.

I was wondering..

1. Is the application process easy? for someone who has never been with westpac?
2. Does it take long and do i need to front up to any branch? as i am now residing in the states but will still have t*x bills to pay in oz regardless.
3. Priority club (never been before) use, is it in a ticket/invite form like e.g. QF when one turns silver? or linked to the card. And if so i assume this can not be given away? e.g. my parents.
4. The annual fee would be a solid $395 right? There is no "citigold" equivalent deal for their top card is there?

Pity about citibank. Otherwise I would have stayed put.

Thanks in advance :)

1. Is the application process easy? for someone who has never been with westpac?

Applied online and it was pretty straightforward. Never been with Westpac. Had to fax in my last two years tax assessments

2. Does it take long and do i need to front up to any branch? as i am now residing in the states but will still have t*x bills to pay in oz regardless.

Instant acceptance online. Took about two weeks for paperwork to be approved. Had to collect from branch as not a Westpac customer

3. Priority club (never been before) use, is it in a ticket/invite form like e.g. QF when one turns silver? or linked to the card. And if so i assume this can not be given away? e.g. my parents.

Priority club is a standard plastic "credit-type" card in your name which is swiped on entry. Only 2 visits p.a. and no guests. Citi Select is much better - unlimited visits for you and a guest.

4. The annual fee would be a solid $395 right? There is no "citigold" equivalent deal for their top card is there?

Not offered to me but I know of others on fee-free or reduced-fee Westpac, who got upgraded to Black for same fee

Pity about citibank. Otherwise I would have stayed put.

I still have both!

We have gone one Black Earth and one Black Altitude for a his and hers method of points accumulating.
The Black Earth card was not issued in the 60 seconds but it came through in 3 days.

Sounds very smooth and easy, but i assume that's all because it was rolled over from the previous card or existing westpac customers?

I don't want to ruin my chance by being asked to present to the branch to collect as Duffa mentioned. Do you remember how much time you had to pick up? Perhaps i can rig the timing so i will actually be in oz at the time, which would be great!

It is great that they only need NOA from ATO because I dont have a salary or payslip as such in Australia.

Thanks for your valuable insight guys, helps me plan how to get this card.

Scheps

Scheps my wife does not get paid a salary either and I think that was why the 60 second approval did not immediately go through. She has investment income instead of a salary.
My one was an automatic card upgrade offer so it came in the mail.

Scheps my wife does not get paid a salary either and I think that was why the 60 second approval did not immediately go through. She has investment income instead of a salary.
My one was an automatic card upgrade offer so it came in the mail.

I am in the exact same boat. But i have never been a westpac customer. So i hope they dont give me too much grief, as long as it is able to be solved over the phone or emails/scans etc.

Thanks again :)

You may have to pick it up from a branch EVEN IF you are an existing customer, Ive had to do that the past 3 times I got a Westpac card. They claim that it depends on where you live.
From memory you get 4 weeks to front up to the branch and collect em.

How'd you go scheps? I'm having a fun time... six contact attempts to discuss a reconsideration after I was declined because they have no 'account history' for me (never been with Westpac). Tell me to do one thing, I do it, consultant has no idea what I'm on about. Get contradicting info, try that, again, no one has any idea. Spat the dummy and wrote in requesting someone who knows something call me. So someone from the written servicing team calls me and relays basic information, can't discuss the issues in detail because they're not from the credit card area...

Are branches any better?

Hi Plutonus,

I haven't tried, as i am anticipating the need to present to a branch, which i am not in the position to till end of year. I hope my application process is not as unlucky as yours. Time will tell!

Did they mention why you were declined? I too have never been a westpac customer, perhaps held some shares in the past but thats about it.

Hope you get it in the end though, seems like a nice card for tax.

Westpac retail can be pretty weak when things go wrong. Nothing bad has happened to me in the last 18 months but before that I had a problem picking up a card at a branch but I fixed it by calling my account manager from the branch.
The limits we received were generous so I can use the cards for more than just taxes.
I still use Citi Select cards for business stuff but not ATO.

Hi Plutonus,

I haven't tried, as i am anticipating the need to present to a branch, which i am not in the position to till end of year. I hope my application process is not as unlucky as yours. Time will tell!

Did they mention why you were declined? I too have never been a westpac customer, perhaps held some shares in the past but thats about it.

Hope you get it in the end though, seems like a nice card for tax.

I was told it was declined because I have no account history with Westpac. Interesting way to get new customers.

I fronted up to a branch and was told they couldn't find my application and put another one through... I did say I anticipate a rejection because of the short time between applications but only time will tell...

the points game continues.

how short is short, as presumably this failed attempt means the time interval clock has been reset.

I am too a new customer and your current experience have me concerned about my chances, especially without a salary in Oz.....

BTW, to those with supplementary cards, can the supp holder transfer points to his/her corresponding FF account?

Thanks in adv :)

I am a supplementary card holder, I have set up an Altitude account nothing indicates points cannot be transferred , as for the no account history response to Plutonus that sounds like a lazy response to me , SWMBO had never banked with Westpac and application was approved no problems.

I also think they're being a bit slack. We'll see what is happening with this 'review' of my application but my patience is starting to wear thin.

Update on my life story...

Quickly tiring of the "I can't help you and won't find someone who can" mentality being exhibited so have written in. Maybe I should let it go...

Contact the ombudsman. Only way to get a response out of Westpac. They encourage their staff to ignore customers they can't manage to find a solution for.

You might want to look at your credit file which would involve contacting Veda if the application is not getting to YES.
These black cards are premium cards and I use them for the benefits.
I have been using 6 Westpac cards quite a bit this month and there have been no issues.

You might want to look at your credit file which would involve contacting Veda if the application is not getting to YES.
These black cards are premium cards and I use them for the benefits.
I have been using 6 Westpac cards quite a bit this month and there have been no issues.

Thanks cove, but like most of us (I hope) in the CC points game, I am all over my credit file ;)

The issue is more no one is willing to do anything above the bare minimum of interacting with customers. It's all too much work for them, it seems.

I am a supplementary card holder, I have set up an Altitude account nothing indicates points cannot be transferred , as for the no account history response to Plutonus that sounds like a lazy response to me , SWMBO had never banked with Westpac and application was approved no problems.

Can i ask how you created an altitude account as supp card holder? because on the website it clearly states only the primary card holder can create such an account.

The Altitude account is in the primary card holders name I merely activated the Altitude account it is not under my name .

I do all of the online banking which means I look after the points ,I don't need another toaster. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back