"A change to your Commonwealth Awards Qantas Points conversion rate"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter_Plinge

Received just now. The conversion rate was nothing special when it was 2:1.

From May 2016 it will be 2.5:1. The cap reduces to 400,000 points.

I don't use my card because the conversion has never been worthwhile. I'd close the card if it wasn't free.

I received this disappointing news too. This card has served its (bonus sign up points) purpose and this recent news just affirms I'm closing ASAP- in case they decide to release another sign up bonus card in the next 12 months.

Received just now. The conversion rate was nothing special when it was 2:1.

From May 2016 it will be 2.5:1. The cap reduces to 400,000 points.

I don't use my card because the conversion has never been worthwhile. I'd close the card if it wasn't free.

So .. you have this card, because its free, but don't use it?

See here for the on-going discussion on this.

Lucky you got the card for free.

I've had it for years. Originally it was a CPA Australia co-branded card. When the CPA deal folded it became a regular card but retained the fee-free status, probably by mistake.

So .. you have this card, because its free, but don't use it?

See here for the on-going discussion on this.

I use my Qantas Credit Union card (Visa) for all purchases. If I used the CBA card I'd be losing between 25,000 and 35,000 points a month at the current conversion rate. I keep the CBA card for backup when travelling overseas.

Yep, just got my letter. Changes effective in May. Lucky that's when I was going to cancel, and this all but confirms it now!

Yep, just got my letter. Changes effective in May. Lucky that's when I was going to cancel, and this all but confirms it now!

Went to local CBA branch today to cancel as I said above... however they offered me 10,000 rewards points (now 4000 QFF pts) to not cancel it immediately... best part is I'll still cancel once those extra points are posted!

I use my Qantas Credit Union card (Visa) for all purchases. If I used the CBA card I'd be losing between 25,000 and 35,000 points a month at the current conversion rate. I keep the CBA card for backup when travelling overseas.
So you use a Visa 1:1 earning card for ALL purchases rather than CBA Amex 1.5:1. I really don't understand how you think your better off except where Amex isn't accepted. Why wouldn't you use both cards with Amex the default unless surcharge makes it uneconomical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back