40k bonus points with Citi Gold Business card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a good deal. Does anyone know if its possible to transfer the points to QFF?

Yes you can transfer points to Qantas in blocks of 10,000 (or 5,000 seemingly depending on who you get at the call centre). No fee to transfer.

Points capped at 80,000 per year.

Can't see any options to put this under the company name, anyone got this under the company name?

mine is showing in my name

paid $50 for petrol 2 days ago now have 40050 pts:mrgreen:

Can't see any options to put this under the company name, anyone got this under the company name?

Spoke to operator and card has to go in an individuals name. This person is then liable for payment if the company doesn't pay. Still not convinced to go for it.

Good points
free for up to 99 additional cardholders
QFF miles

Bad points
80000 is a small rewards cap especially if you have a number of card holders.

Anyone know if they enforce this limit.

Signed up a four weeks ago. The process was labourious at best. I don't mind sending the info but it is the automated calls requesting information already sent and acknowledged that is annoying. (I know Citibank get a bad rap for service so I suppose I knew what to expect!!)

The card arrived last week and I paid my Telstra wireless bill on it and immediately received the 40,000 bonus. Rang yesterday at 4:00PM and asked to transfer the 40k to QFF and lo and behold it is there in my QFF account at 8:30 AM today. :)

So I reckon I have a good QFF credit card combo now.

Amex Plat charge
Amex Ultimate (Fee waived) to buy those QF flights and get the 2.5 FF's/$
Citibank Business Gold

:)

The Everyday Rewards CC will have to go now!

....and as reported elsewhere the Citibank business gold cap is now 250,000.

mmm. Despite my misgivings at trying to do business with Citi again, 1:25:1 VISA earn with 1:1 transfer to QFF seems pretty inviting.

"A Citi Credit Cardholder must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to redeem reward points for Qantas Frequent Flyer (QFF) points. A joining fee applies. Membership of the QFF program is subject to Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions. CitiBusiness Gold Cardholders can redeem Reward points at a rate of 1 Reward point for 1 QFF point. All redemption requests must be in blocks of 10,000 Reward points."

What is the "joining fee" anyone know? $30 as usual for Citi or is it more on this card?

40K points for $149/year is inviting enough to buy and burn, let alone actually use (0.37c / point).

"A Citi Credit Cardholder must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to redeem reward points for Qantas Frequent Flyer (QFF) points. A joining fee applies. Membership of the QFF program is subject to Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions. CitiBusiness Gold Cardholders can redeem Reward points at a rate of 1 Reward point for 1 QFF point. All redemption requests must be in blocks of 10,000 Reward points."

What is the "joining fee" anyone know? $30 as usual for Citi or is it more on this card?
(0.37c / point).

I presumed it was the fee to join the QFF program. So if you are already a member, no fee!
Correct me if I am wrong anyone.

You're correct, it refers to the QFF joining fee (which no doubt everyone here is already a member of).

So there's just the card annual fee of $149 (point transfers are free to QFF but must be done in blocks of 10k and via the phone only, not online).

The 40k bonus points post with first spend on the card so effectively you could transfer them to QFF straight away after the first spend.

You're correct, it refers to the QFF joining fee (which no doubt everyone here is already a member of).

So there's just the card annual fee of $149 (point transfers are free to QFF but must be done in blocks of 10k and via the phone only, not online).

The 40k bonus points post with first spend on the card so effectively you could transfer them to QFF straight away after the first spend.

Yep that is exactly what I did! :)

Is there anywhere to see your current points balance? I can't seem to find mine.

If you select redemption activity on the left hand menu you should see your current balance. Also selecting rewards and "browse through citi rewards gives you the balance too.

I dont necessarily want this card linked to my employer, is it possible to have it just as a personal card?

I dont necessarily want this card linked to my employer, is it possible to have it just as a personal card?

Despite the name, I don't believe there is anything particularly 'business' about it. Heres the eligibility criteria:

* Are at least 18 years of age.
* Have a good credit rating.
* Earn taxable income of $30,000 per year or more.
* Are a permanent Australian resident.
* If you are an existing Citi Credit Cardholder, you must have
held your current Citi account for at least 9 months before you can apply for
another Credit Card.

** Please note that if you do not satisfy all these
criteria, we apologise, but you will not be eligible for a CitiBusiness Gold
Card at this time.

Taking them at face value, anyone, buisness or not, who meets the criteria above would be eligible for consideration

applied for the card yesterday. There was no option to change the rewards program to Qantas FF. Do i have to call up when i get the card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back