I had a look at my Amex account (currently have a Platinum Reserve and
a Platinum Edge - claimed bonus on both) today and surprisingly found
my MR balance was 20000 points more than expected. Looking at the
statement it simply said that "20000 bonus points" were credited on
Wednesday.

I have not received any phone call or correspondence in relation to these
bonus points.

I have once been given a 10000 point bonus (Christmas 2009) from
Amex but they rang me up to tell me about it.

I have since transferred all my points (in the past I have had bonus points
then had them deducted after they found they were credited in error) to
SQ FF program, haven't gone up as yet but am given them the 3 stated
business days. Now have enough points for a Star Alliance RTW redemption
in whY!!! (Some of my points expire in September next year and my next
major trip is next May.) - or I could pay $2400 less whatever points I earn
between now and next year to make up the balance and
fly in business..... pondering the possibilities....

Anyone have similar experiences?

I mentioned in the DSE thread that I had some extra points unexpected... Turns out it was 20k as well

However I have not transferred mine out if of the account yet. What are people's thoughts? Should I?

How long have you had the Platinum Edge? There was a 20000 sign up bonus going for some time, perhaps this has been applied to your account?

Yes, I got my 20000 point bonus two months after I signed up, although I had to ring them to get them credited. That was at the end of last year.
These most recent points were unexpected.

Yes, I got my 20000 point bonus two months after I signed up, although I had to ring them to get them credited. That was at the end of last year.
These most recent points were unexpected.

Drcam,

Did you partake in the **** Smith promo?

I want to ring up about my missing points however don't want to raise awareness of the extra 20,000 pts.

I have always found a phone call to AMEX usually gets most things fixed pretty quickly - including points questions

I have always found a phone call to AMEX usually gets most things fixed pretty quickly - including points questions

I'm not sure about 'pretty quickly' :D

I'm still owed points from DSE promo.. around 6,000. However since recievwing the extra 20k Bonus I don't really want to ring and find out they're going to take the 20k away from me!

Not sure if this comment was in response to my post about not receiving DSE promo points or not. If it was, a read through of the DSE promo thread will reveal that many phone calls have been made to Amex and are still being made..... Whilst the staff are always very pleasant, there is certainly nothing quick about the resolution of issues. Knowledge of the promos amongst the staff is 'patchy' to say the least and they never have the authority to resolve issues themselves - a case always needs to be raised with the back office and that takes weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back