15% off car rental under AMEX Connect???

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardiology

I saw this under the "Other benefits of Amex" on the NAB Qantas Platinum website.
Car Rental - up to 15% discount off the best available rates, complimentary upgrades and priority service where available from our leading global car rental partners.

It just points to the AMEX Connect website, but when I log onto this AMEX connect, I could not find anything or any code for the car rental promotion.

Try calling both NAB and AMEX but no one can answer this question about the 15% discount.

Anyone had used this before or point to where I could locate this info?

Thanks

Best available rate actually means 'highest possible rate'. Don't be fooled.

Amex plat (Amex issued) cardholders have a discount code for hertz etc which is good for all bookings but only discounts the actual car rental component so is generally only a few dollar

I just had a look. It used to be there, but I couldn't find the Hertz offer.
It certainly would be handy if going somewhere where you don't know anyone.

But I found the offer pretty useless for me last year in Italy. My cousin had negotiated a rate for me as I am regular customer there. When he tried to use my Hertz card number, he came back to me that 15% off the official rate wound up being dearer than the rate he had previously negotiated for me (which at A$62 a day for a Volvo SUV seemed pretty good value to me).
Regards,
Renato

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back