1000 points for 5 transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibspmuh

Just checked my Membership Rewards account and noticed a couple of notations of "Bonus 1,000 points for 5 transactions" - looks like it commenced from the start of this month.

Don't have any more details at this point and haven't received anything in the mail. I haven't registered for anything either - but like the loyalty bonus some others have recently received it seems the registration happens at the AMEX end. Sure, it's not as generous as last year's promo, but will certainly encourage me to get the AMEX out, especially for the small transactions (which I guess is the point).

If I get any more info I'll be sure to post it. :D

Well, what do you know - I am seeing the same thing. Likewise haven't seen any poatcards or anything yet, nor enrolled for any promotion. Strangely enough have a single transaction with 3 Bonus lines - 2 x 1000 bonus points for 5 transactions (on separate lines) as well as the regular Platinum bonus line. Seems to be roughly from the start of the month, but not quite sure it aligns.

This is on a Platinum Charge card.

For what it is worth, whilst we (I am a supplementary card holder) were beneficiaries of last years bonanza (at the 5,000 points for 5 transactions rate in the end), it was not on this card - was on the old Gold Charge Card - and we carefully didn't apply for the Platinum or change over until that promotion was all over.

Would be interested to see what cards this promotion appears on (unless it is just a mirage and all disappears shortly), and whether or not any cards that are blessed also participated in last year's everyday spending windfalls.

Wow, I don't believe it. I am very rarely targeted for anything, except discount on points for vouchers, but checked my account and there it is!

For reference, I have a Maximiser. I counted the transactions and I have only done 3 for August as the primary cardholder, however my husband has done more, so his supplementary card must count.

I'd love to know the T&Cs but at this stage I will just grin and bear it. :D

Interesting. Might have to get my card out of "retirement" as it has had only token use since the KF card came along with it's 3 points per $.

Last edited:
Who cares if it is not as good as the botched Amex promotion last year. Does anyone really expect that it will be repeated?

If one does 500 transactions a month then this is equivalent to 100,000 bonus MR points, 50 transactions a month is still 20,000 bonus MR points.
Much much better than my 50% bonus MR points for 6 months last year and 50% bonus for 3 months earlier this year. Just for once I would love to be targeted for a decent promotion. :(

Hi all,

Well low and behold I just checked my MR online statement and there is the bonus 1000 points for 5 trans.

Only checked after reading this thread so I have no idea where this is coming from.

:D:D:D

ejb

YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:p :p :p :D :D :D

I am in...

Got my first credit of 1,000 points on 4/8 and 3 lots of 1,000 on 5/8, for a total of 4,000 so far.

Have done 13 transactions on 4th and 5th. 19 if you include the 3rd.

BRING IT ON!!!

Stupidly just told mrs ejb of the bonus points and she has agreed to shop all weekend to help out. Why did I tell her:?:

ejb

Big fat nothing for me...

Ditto.
Hoping there is a lag.
Desperately need a points boost like this.
BTW, I'm on a Plat Charge (and Plat Credit.)
Off to sulk now. :mad:

Wonder if this has anything to do with the possible upcoming grocery/petrol promo...?

Ok..with no T&C so far:

What types of Amex are receiving points?

• Amex Maximiser is a yes for some.
  • Amex Platinum Charge Card
  • Non_Amex cards do not seem to be earning (ie not issued directly by Amex).

Is it only some States?

Is there a minimum spend?
Is it only for some businesses, or all tx?

Last edited:
Everybody shhhhh *lets keep this quiet* ......... I've only got 4 transactions for August and no special 1000/5 bonus ... we'll see when the next transaction gets processed as it seems its on the 5th that one gets that bonus.

I'd say MODs let's delete this thread so AMEX wont know about it and the promo *whatever it is* goes on indefinitely :D

have had 2 posts of 1000 points = 2000 total

then next day 1 post of 1000 points

Brisbane / Platinum Credit Card

I should add i spoke at length with amex today and yest trying to understand where the points came from as i had not received anything in the mail.

There clueless at this stage but told me to expect an answer monday

I should add i spoke at length with amex today and yest trying to understand where the points came from as i had not received anything in the mail.

There clueless at this stage but told me to expect an answer monday

I hope that doesn't backfire....

nothing for me.
centurion charge and a platinum credit card (that i haven't used in ages).
will charge on the plat credit card this wknd and hope for the best but am not very optimistic. although i did very well in the myreward promo (thanks to the board) i had to invite myself. amex has yet to invite me for anything.

zip for me - I have an AMEX Ultimate... Grrrrr, wrong card it would seem...

Mr!

:evil:

i got one lot only, but it came together with my 9th transaction, so i don't really know what the deal is.

Plat Charge, QLD

That seems to be a pattern here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back