10 Bonus point per $1 when booking with Hotelclub

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is good although only 11 points per dollar for me:rolleyes:

bonus points took about 6 weeks to hit my MR account.

Okay so how many people have used Hotel Club before

Any problems with the bookings not being honoured at check-in ?

I have always booked direct with hotels before, but would love feedback before forking out $$$ and then finding out I get shafted on rooms etc.

That deal was out on my recent trip to Europe.

However I found other booking engines offered better value even taking into account the bonus points.

Any problems with the bookings not being honoured at check-in ?

I have always booked direct with hotels before, but would love feedback before forking out $$$ and then finding out I get shafted on rooms etc.

Used Hotel Club for London Bridge hotel in 2009. Good booking process, no problems when booking in & for my time they were much cheaper than other deals I tracked. Room was fine (no discrimination against Hotel Club) & the included breakfast was excellent

I have had no trouble using the "loyalty money" for later bookings

Last edited:
I've used HotelClub before for a booking. They're associated with Orbitz. I used the UK portal for an Australian booking and ended up being charged by their Australian operation. Credit card charge came from "FLAIRVIEW TRAVEL PTY LTD SYDNEY NSW "

No issues with the booking being honoured. No surcharge for Amex etc. A good transaction overall.

That deal was out on my recent trip to Europe.

However I found other booking engines offered better value even taking into account the bonus points.

Ummm 11.5 points per $1 is VERY appealing, the price difference would have to be huge to ignore the extra 10 points per $1

Thanks Mal !!!!

Ummm 11.5 points per $1 is VERY appealing, the price difference would have to be huge to ignore the extra 10 points per $1

Thanks Mal !!!!

My name is not Mal.

Anyway all I was suggesting was to check other engines as well as there are deep discounts about and they randomly occur on different engines. ie Last Nov in Washington DC I had a suite at $100 per night that was $300+ on any other engine.

I was not saying to not use them. The $350 min though makes the deal better for long stays.

In past years I have used them occasionally. ie New Caledonia two Easters back.

Cheers

Sounds good although the $350 minimum spend does not suit if only staying one night here and one there. Their promotion of 5 bonus point per $1 last year was much better.

Many many times and never had an issue.

Let's just say that I have also booked rooms in other people's names with me as the second person on the booking saying that the other person will turn up later and I would be arriving first. The other person never did arrive and had a room for the night. ;)

Let's just say that I have also booked rooms in other people's names with me as the second person on the booking saying that the other person will turn up later and I would be arriving first. The other person never did arrive and had a room for the night. ;)

Um... *puts on the s l o w person's hat*

I don't get why you'd do that, rather than just booking under your own name :?:

Um... *puts on the s l o w person's hat*

I don't get why you'd do that, rather than just booking under your own name :?:
And I shall try to explain without giving away too much information. Do you remember tha $50 HotelClub promotion a couple of years ago? It was limited to one sign up per person and I managed to signup using a few different names of friends as well as the same name for a few of my different email addresses.

I do likke to think outside the square. I did the same for another promotion from a local competitor recently.

If this is giving away too much information can one of the moderators please edit or remove the post.

No I don't remember that promotion, but I think I can join the dots from there...

:D

Let's just say that I have also booked rooms in other people's names with me as the second person on the booking saying that the other person will turn up later and I would be arriving first.

Dare I ask how many a-club accounts you have? ;)

Dare I ask how many a-club accounts you have? ;)
I don't think I ever signed up for them. Must have missed their promotion. :(

But I have lost count of how many accounts I have with other accommodation providers. :p

Has anyone out there actually received any points from this promotion?

I've booked two trips with this promotion so far - one was a few nights at a nice hotel in Sydney where I booked two rooms. Given that the promo is based on $ spent and not the rooms you will get points for the whole transaction - if I had booked this same trip using a hotel loyalty scheme I would have only got hotel points for the one room...

I've also booked a room for my current trip to the US - absolutely no hassle whatsoever...

I too have had all the appropriate points credited to my account - usually within a few weeks to a bit over a month from the transaction.

Because of this promotion I've now scored nearly 20k in points - enough to get me on my way somewhere...

Hi As the promotion is 10 points after 350 spend.. Is there anyway to join different hotel booking together so don't have to lose the first 350 each time.

Also, is it only for room stays in Australia? Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back