10,000 QF points for an eligible purchase with ANZ Amex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Trails

Established Member
Just received this from QFF. Seems like a good offer. No minimum spend required.
I'm guessing it's targeted as I haven't used the card since getting the 32K sign-on bonus.

You could be rewarded with 10,000 bonus points
As a gift to you this holiday season, ANZ is offering you 10,000 bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points*.
To be eligible for this great bonus point offer, simply:

Register using the link below by 30 November 2012; and

Spend on your ANZ Frequent Flyer American Express[SUP]®[/SUP] Card and have the points you earn on an eligible purchase credited^ to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account by 31 January 2013.
Then all you need to do is start planning how you’d use those extra 10,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points.
Hurry though, you’ll need to register by 30 November 2012 to be eligible for this bonus point offer.

yeah I got that offer too. Seems all I had to do was click on the register button (it didn't require any additional information so I think we can safely say it isn't a scam) and now make a purchase. I have now put my Qantas American Express card to the front of my wallet (as I don't often use it - the Jetstar mastercard has the same earn and can be used much easier) and next time I get petrol or groceries, I will use and from what I can see that is enough to get 10000 points. I will do it in the next week before the statement ends on 7 December and the points get credited within a day so comfortably in before 31 January.

Too easy.

Hmmm i do use my card and i don't recall getting this... Maybe it might be time to call ANZ....

I got this offer too but only for 2,500 bonus points. I was very pleased with it at first, then I saw this thread... FWP

I got this offer, 10,000 points (not used my ANZ card for ~6 months) Seems like an easy 10k in QFF, what's the catch...? I cant see any minimum spend, is that right...? Will a ~$1 spend qualify :D

$0.0001 per point WOW

View attachment 11196

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems we are beng rewarded for NOT using the card!!

Just be aware that the points need to be credited by 31 Jan so make sure you use the card well before your statement date in Jan.

I got a 5,000 points bonus offer recently but cancelled this card about 2-3 weeks ago.

Hmmm i do use my card and i don't recall getting this... Maybe it might be time to call ANZ....

Did you end up contacting them regarding not recieving the offer? I might ring them right after this message to ask "more details" about the bonus 10k points I wasn't offered....

Just got off the phone to them. Asked to transfer to cancelation (<-- spelt?) area, and was honest and direct regarding my opinion and question as to why not everyone recieved the email offer of 10k points. He will pass the feedback to his boss(s), who may send it to the correct department.

Offers for everyone = more members staying, no offers for me = I will be prepaired to cancel!

He gave an offer I couldn't refuse.... 5,000 points NOT to ditch the card.

2,500 points directly credited into QFF within the next 24/48 hrs.
2,500 points directly into QFF within 90 days (Feb 30th, 2013 max).

He understood me exactly, noticed I've been with them for 7 months ($290 per year or so isn't it?) and asked if it would tempt me to stay.

$290 ish in fees each year for nothing in bonus points for USING the card, bonus points given for NOT using the card, or make it even.... All card users should be given the offer
(s), otherwise they may lose customers!

Happy rant over. :)

Did you end up contacting them regarding not recieving the offer? I might ring them right after this message to ask "more details" about the bonus 10k points I wasn't offered....

Anyone want to share their link for those of us who didn't get it?

my anz Amex is my primary card so gets plenty of work so maybe they are only targeting people who aren't using. Bit annoying...

I just called them too, as did not receive the offer and the first guy was not willing to concede on any points and stated that even though been with them since 1995 I was getting a reduced fee of $199 instead of $299 and would not offer any points, told him to put me through to cancellation department, same talk but the guy there said because of loyalty to bank he would give me the 5000 points as per Coles525 conditions above, thats OK, happy with at least something - thanks for putting us on to this

No i hadn't called up yet... And I have had the Platinum card since start of 2010 and banked with them since 2001... Although this year i think i did call up and after hinting that i might close the account and take up another banks plantinum card offer they now give me the card at only $55 a year which is the Qantas FF membership component i think....

But still as you say the people who spend shoud not miss out on everything or i may as well cancel the card and open up a whole new one and get the 32,000 QFF bonus points... So will contact them and see if i can score the 5,000...

Bit of an update....received a call from the complaints department apologising but needed to try and make me understand why the offer is to some to entice new business...discussed a few words around loyalty etc and he offered me the 10,000 points which will be credited soon....wonder will I get the 5000 and then the 10000 but nothing posted yet.

Spent $1,200/month on the normal ANZ Visa/Amex QFF card for, say, 17 months.... then spent next to nothing for say, last 6 months.... then got this offer recently, purchased one item.... will call to cancel card in the next couple of weeks, maybe next week?

14 DEC 12ANZ FF AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD 13DEC12---65

now that's an easy 10k in points :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back