1 qffpoint per dollar visa/mastercard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwwarlow

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Does anyone know if there is a card that offers this either by direct earn or if it is possible to achieve it by some fancy or (non fancy for that matter) transfer arrangement?

Yes but it comes with the equivalent of a financial iron man effort.
Qf web site now details all of the banks and points earn rates in the frequent flyer section then use the left hand side menu.
If you start there you can see all the earn rates before studying the difficulty of getting the one that suits you.

You go frequent flyer,earning points then Pay on the left side.
It is all there!
The Citibank card is $749 for Citi Select on QF direct points.

Hello newformula,
I have now read the basic data on the business card.
Have you had this card for a while?
Are there any limit caps on points?
Is there a fee to get the QF points going from Citi to Qantas like the $49 fee for Citi Select?
If you want to pay an account greater than your credit limit have you found an easy way to get the funds quickly into the card?
Thanks for your lead.

Had the card for about 9 months. So far so good.
I believe there's a 60k pts earn limit per year, but anecdotally I've heard this is not enforced, at least not by software. I think it takes a human to notice abnormal spend on your account. Not 100% on that.
Additional fee- none I remember. There's a 10k per transfer minimum of pts, and transfers are only possible in 10k blocks.
I've never tried adding more $$ to the account than necessary, as they gave me a stupidly high credit limit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response.
I have about $500k of bills to hit a card to get points in just under 8 weeks time and capping would really hurt the plan.
I will have the first month of CitiSelect procedures shortly when we get the first statement.

Do you have to actually be/run a business to get that card? Looking at the website despite it being called CitiBusiness I can't see anything in the criteria about running a business or even requiring an ABN.

Had the card for about 9 months. So far so good.
I believe there's a 60k pts earn limit per year, but anecdotally I've heard this is not enforced, at least not by software. I think it takes a human to notice abnormal spend on your account. Not 100% on that.
Additional fee- none I remember. There's a 10k per transfer minimum of pts, and transfers are only possible in 10k blocks.
I've never tried adding more $$ to the account than necessary, as they gave me a stupidly high credit limit.

Emirates Card ( a Citi product ) automatically enforces the earn limit. My card and Mrs Max's card both reached their limit after 3 months and 150,000 points went to Emirates Skywards and since then any spend has earned zero points. I ended up apply for a Westpac Krysflier Platinum card ( Visa plus Amex) totally uncapped.

Its seems to me that Citi does have their software sorted out and will enforce capping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back