St George Rewards Signature KrisFlyer Devaluation

billmurray

Intern
Just received a letter from St George confirming from 31st July 2023, the transfer rate to KRIS will change from 2:1 to 3:1. Major Devaluation?

Anyone using this card going to cash out before this date? Any other card recommended?

See this post:

Both my jones and myself have amplify signature cards with BoM and neither of us has had any communication about this devaluation.
Was this an email, snail mail, in the app or something else?
We only convert to KrisFlyer and 2:1 was great.
Oh well, we are about due for a churn so this is the prompt we need.

So that means that the effective rate drops from 0.75miles/$ to 0.5miles/$.
Actually 0.825 to 0.55 miles per $ spent (with 10% birthday bonus) :(
A 33% devaluation!! I will be dumping my entire balance of StG A pts to KF b4 31st July even though it starts the 3 yr KF expiry clock!

Last edited:
Abysmal devaluation

There seems to be no longer a reason to warehouse points in Dragon?

Transferring to velocity on a 15% bonus transfer day then subsequently to krisflyer nets a rate of 0.5 * 1.15 / 1.55 = 0.371 KF per Amplify point versus 0.333 direct after devaluation

Thanks to kpc I now see I will have to move many St George points out of our warehouse. That 5 am text didn’t wake us up as we were reading our 3 newspapers we get delivered. Today we have most of the day off with a long lunch with friends. End of the tax year is looming.

Actually 0.825 to 0.55 miles per $ spent (with 10% birthday bonus) :(
A 33% devaluation!! I will be dumping my entire balance of StG A pts to KF b4 31st July even though it starts the 3 yr KF expiry clock!
Yes, I am aware of the birthday bonus but for those who churn before their birthday it doesn't count.

Furthermore, the devaluation comes before my birthday so it's effectively 0.75 for me if I transfer before 31 July or (as you say) 0.55 if I wait until after my birthday.

The other advantage with this card was the travel insurance which covers trips up to 6 months duration. Although with pre-existing medical conditions for which you have to pass an assessment and pay a fee if accepted, the insurance may not be as good as it appears at first.

If only SQ would get rid of their rediculous expiry policy...

Thanks to kpc I now see I will have to move many St George points out of our warehouse. That 5 am text didn’t wake us up as we were reading our 3 newspapers we get delivered. Today we have most of the day off with a long lunch with friends. End of the tax year is looming.
I’m in the same boat.
I have points across 3 at George cards (3 people) can I transfer them to 1 kris flier account? So all are consolidated.

Both my jones and myself have amplify signature cards with BoM and neither of us has had any communication about this devaluation.
We only convert to KrisFlyer and 2:1 was great.
Oh well, we are about due for a churn so this is the prompt we need.

Nothing from BOM here either yet....

But like night follows day....

Letter in mail.

Yes, I am aware of the birthday bonus but for those who churn before their birthday it doesn't count.

Furthermore, the devaluation comes before my birthday so it's effectively 0.75 for me if I transfer before 31 July or (as you say) 0.55 if I wait until after my birthday.

The other advantage with this card was the travel insurance which covers trips up to 6 months duration. Although with pre-existing medical conditions for which you have to pass an assessment and pay a fee if accepted, the insurance may not be as good as it appears at first.

If only SQ would get rid of their rediculous expiry policy...

Yes i too am big time boned with this (i had a high earn/send this year) - as my bday bonus is in Oct.

My understanding is if you keep the cards open on your birthday, you get the 10% bonus on all spend over the preceding 12 months (ex bonus points)
Post automatically merged:

Does anyone have a recommendation on which card to churn to? Is the HSBC *A card the go?

Westpac Velocity card would be better value at 0.75 point per dollar for velocity then / 1.55 = 0.484 KF points per $1

Although, St george is 1.5 amplify per dollar, +10% birthday am I correct?

Final conversion assuming 15% velocity transfer bonus is 1.5 * 1.1 * 0.5 * 1.15 / 1.55 = 0.612 KF/$

This requires waiting around for both bonuses.

0.556 KF/$ if you don't stick around for the birthday bonuses.

Agreed I'm not sure if I want to start the 3 year clock ticking given it is extremely hard to match award availability and my own availability.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back