WW EDR Mastercard - apply, or is there better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVC

At the moment I use a NAB Qantas Platinum - 2 cards

VISA - 2 points per $3
AMEX - 1.5 points per $

I mainly use the AMEX wherever possible, but not everyone accepts.

I am thinking of applying for a Woolies EDR Qantas card for the times AMEX is not accepted and get 1 point per dollar instead of 2 per three dollars.

Is that about the best point per $$$ rate out there??

EDIT:
Just realised this probably should be in "General CC Discussion", sorry. Hit New Thread in the wrong tab.
Mods or admin feel free to move (no redirect needed)

(Plus there's a 5000 bonus points offer on at the moment)

AVC this card is uncapped and is meant for use as a personal card which is code for "not for business use". One of our members received a cancellation letter.
I have started my second year with this card and it is running ok so yes it is a good,low cost, one point per dollar MasterCard.

It’s worth noting the 5000 point bonus is the lowest it’s been, it originally launched with 16,000 bonus points, but I’m not sure if we’ll ever see that again as it’s quite well taken up I think.

The 5000 bonus points comes with the first year free. Previously the higher sign on bonuses attracted the $89 annual fee.

Citibusiness Gold is $1:1.25 points for annual fee of $149 and no additional card holder fee. But there is a cap on points earn of 250,000 points (i.e. $200,000) pa, which is way beyond reach for me.

AVC this card is uncapped and is meant for use as a personal card which is code for "not for business use". One of our members received a cancellation letter.

I'll only be using it for personal stuff. And only the non-AMEX stuff at that, so maybe $30K per year.

It’s worth noting the 5000 point bonus is the lowest it’s been, it originally launched with 16,000 bonus points, but I’m not sure if we’ll ever see that again as it’s quite well taken up I think.

But still a bonus, five thousand is better than zero thousand.

Time to crunch the numbers. Citi vs EDR. I have another Citi product I'm about to can, hope they don't hold that against me.

AVC if you can get WW EDR card free in year one with 5,000 sign on points plus a point a dollar of spend this is a very suitable MasterCard for places that don't take AMEX.

I agree with cove.
I have the card for exactly the reasons you outlined in the first post (Westpac Plat Earth instead of NAB)
Haven't taken the Earth MC out of my wallet since ;)

If you reckon you will put $30k through it a year, then just get the EDR. You will be better off unless you can get citi to waive that fee some how.

I'll only be using it for personal stuff. And only the non-AMEX stuff at that, so maybe $30K per year.

But still a bonus, five thousand is better than zero thousand.

Time to crunch the numbers. Citi vs EDR. I have another Citi product I'm about to can, hope they don't hold that against me.

AVC I just got a targeted offer via EDr for bonus sign on of 18000 points today. Maybe worth a call?

Citibusiness Gold is $1:1.25 points for annual fee of $149 and no additional card holder fee. But there is a cap on points earn of 250,000 points (i.e. $200,000) pa, which is way beyond reach for me.

Wot anchew said! The Citibusiness Gold and Amex Plat charge card make a good combo.

Would that have been by mail or by phone?

Looks like the bonus points sign-on offer may be very limited. Only two so far.

Last edited:
Does this make sense? Link your EDR Card (not the credit card version) to QFF programme, then when paying at woolies swipe your EDR non-credit card, and pay using your NAB AMX/MC combo. So you should be getting 1 point for every dollar spent on your EDR + 1.5 points per dollar spent on your NAB AMX.

This seems to be a better solution then just upgrading your EDR non-credit card to the credit card version.

Thoughts?

Does this make sense? Link your EDR Card (not the credit card version) to QFF programme, then when paying at woolies swipe your EDR non-credit card, and pay using your NAB AMX/MC combo. So you should be getting 1 point for every dollar spent on your EDR + 1.5 points per dollar spent on your NAB AMX.

This seems to be a better solution then just upgrading your EDR non-credit card to the credit card version.

Thoughts?
When shopping at Woolies, I scan the barcode on the back of my EDR Mastercard to earn 1 QFF point per $ spend over $30. Then I pay with my Amex Plat Edge card for 3 Membership Rewards points/$, which will eventually be laundered via SPG into AAdvantage.

Then I pay with my Amex Plat Edge card for 3 Membership Rewards points/$, which will eventually be laundered via SPG into AAdvantage.

What's the ratio for conversion back from 3 Amex points to X AA(or QFF) points? Can you use a combination of AA and QFF to purchase tickets?

What's the ratio for conversion back from 3 Amex points to X AA(or QFF) points? Can you use a combination of AA and QFF to purchase tickets?
40K AMex gives 20K SPG gives 25K AA. Sometimes they have bonuses, last March I think was last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back