Woolies QFF card - bonus 5000 points, annual fee waived first year

Status
Not open for further replies.
While there’s no annual fee, it did used to come with 16,000 bonus points, so I’m not sure if this is a better deal or not. Most have one already too :p

So....

Anyone else been rejected by Woolies??? Just got the letter in the post today. Annoyingly they don't say why they've rejected the application - so no way to know what to fix.

I suspect it could be the other 3 card applications i've made in the past month maybe?

So....

Anyone else been rejected by Woolies??? Just got the letter in the post today. Annoyingly they don't say why they've rejected the application - so no way to know what to fix.

I suspect it could be the other 3 card applications i've made in the past month maybe?

Have you tried calling them up, surely your letter would have had some sort of identifying application number on it?

Whats the minimum income for this, and any prospect of them upping the bonus points if most people have it already?

Wonder why they notify you by post rather than online - are they more diligent in checking your application than others like the ANZ card?

Wonder why they notify you by post rather than online - are they more diligent in checking your application than others like the ANZ card?

Yes I think so...either that or they have too much money and are happy to accept a higher credit risk than general banks...

They are just getting a bit too generous, no?

5k EDR
10k AMEX Discovery

Both fee free for the first year (Amex fee free.?)

Let alone 16k / 33k with ANZ.

Cancel after 3 months = 16+5+33+10 = 64,000 points = economy ticket to London!
Cost = $0 + $0 +$95 + $250.
But, if you cancel after 3 months, ANZ is apparently quite good with refunding 9 months worth of annual fees... so, best case scenario = $90 in annual fees for 64,000 Qan FF points (so, an airfare SYD-LHR).

Oh, think Westpac Earth has 16k points, $89 fee? If so, that would pay for a Adl-Syd flight.... so, Adl-London, free. Win? Yes.

However, that brings me to my next question... are companies generally happy to refund annual fees, or not really? I would imagine not, but I've heard ANZ is the best...

I actually want the ANZ platinum with the amex but no bonus pts and has full annual fee...........zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I actually want the ANZ platinum with the amex but no bonus pts and has full annual fee...........zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Huh?

ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum

"
[h=3]Earn 20,000[/h] [h=4]Bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points
if you apply by 30 November 2011[SUP]1[/SUP][/h]

• Get uncapped Qantas Frequent Flyer points[SUP]2[/SUP]:
    • 1.5 points[SUP]2[/SUP] per $1 spent on purchases using your ANZ Frequent Flyer American Express[SUP]®[/SUP] card, to maximise your points earning
    • 1 point[SUP]2[/SUP] per $2 spent on purchases using your ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa card, with the convenience of 29 million locations worldwide
    • Points[SUP]2[/SUP] earned are automatically credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account every month
  • Overseas Travel and Medical Insurance[SUP]3[/SUP]
  • ANZ Car Rental Cover[SUP]4[/SUP]
  • Extended warranty on purchases and 90-day Purchase Security Insurance[SUP]5[/SUP]

[h=1]60 Second response[/h] Apply now

[h=2]Two Cards. One Account. One Statement. One Total Annual Fee.[/h]

[h=1]Rates and fees[/h]
  • Up to 55 days interest free credit on purchases[SUP]6[/SUP]
  • Total Annual Fee of $295[SUP]7[/SUP] for new applicants
  • Interest rate of 19.74% p.a. on purchases and 20.99% p.a. on cash advances[SUP]*"[/SUP]
[SUP]Sure, annual fee isn't waived, but you do get 20k points.

I swear it was 33k points recently, but?
[/SUP]

oh sorry m8, i meant the other one. the non QFF one. 3 points and 1.5 points per dollar one.

While there’s no annual fee, it did used to come with 16,000 bonus points, so I’m not sure if this is a better deal or not. Most have one already too :p
I don't have one. Yet.

Any chance of the 16,000 point offer returning anytime soon? From memory it was 8,000 points recently and now down to 5,000 points! :rolleyes:

Got a special offer from Everyday rewards....

An EXTRAS 500 points on sign up, for a total of 5,500.....

So....

Credit companies do not actually have to give a reason why they reject your application - its a complete PITA really - being kept in the dark like that.

Your suspicions would be correct. Applying for credit cards (or any credit product) goes on your credit file. If you have applied for 3 credit cards in the past month, it may trigger an alert indicating you are a credit risk, regardless if you have never paid a cent in interest in your life. These systems are rather "conservative" so the system sees it more like "why would someone apply for so many credit cards? They might be in some financial strife" - thus your application gets rejected.

Suggest you hold off on applying for credit cards for while, as right now, any more applications are more then likely going to be rejected.

would be good to know what cut offs or periods they use to classify as risky customer :)

Any chance of the 16,000 point offer returning anytime soon? From memory it was 8,000 points recently and now down to 5,000 points! :rolleyes:
Both the 16k and 8k bonus points came with an $89 annual fee... the 5k points is fee free for the first year. I would think it is unlikely they will increase the sign-up bonus without adding the annual fee again?

Currently use this card for personal use and it's been fantastic..but...

Looking to recommend it to my boss for business purposes, wondering if anyone has any experience with the following:
- Supplementary card holders; we would need at least 4, are there charges? Do all the purchases credit QFF points to the main card holder?
- Is the card allowed to be used for business purposes?
- Credit limits; has anyone been able to get limits over $20,000?

Thanks!!

Currently use this card for personal use and it's been fantastic..but...

Looking to recommend it to my boss for business purposes, wondering if anyone has any experience with the following:
- Supplementary card holders; we would need at least 4, are there charges?
You might need to call them on that....
Do all the purchases credit QFF points to the main card holder?
Yes, my wife has a supplementary card and I get all the credit card points credited to my Qantas account .
- Is the card allowed to be used for business purposes?
Eligible purchases exclude interest free promotions, balance transfers, business purchases and cash advances.
- Credit limits; has anyone been able to get limits over $20,000?
Yes, I have a limit close to $30k

Thanks!!

I have to write this to reach the 10 character limit...!

Edit: I have also been known to use this card for the occasional "business Expense" and have had points credited without issue... However the spend limit on "Business" has always been less than $20k at one time

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back