Which F/f Programme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope someone can help me. We have approx 950000 altitude points and want to use them to purchase 2 return business class seats to europe. I have looked at transferring either to Qantas F/F ( before March 09) or to Malaysia Enrich. To get the seats it looks like I need 272,000 Qantas points (554000 altitude) but only 145000 Malaysia Enrich miles ( 290000 altitude).

Is that right or am I completely confused !!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to AFF

Yes you are correct. There is a big differnces between airlines on the points/miles needed for reward flights.

QF have classic awards and anyseat (or what ever it called.) You won't have enough ponts for anyseat. QF business rewards are hard to get.

Both airline require you to pay $$$ for surcharges & taxes on award flights. Have read that with Enrich its even more $$ than QF

This is indeed correct. The other option is with Singapore Airlines, if you can get seats. If you book these online through their website, you could get there and back for 127,500 Krisflyer miles (or 255,000 altitude points) per seat.

This variation is why Qantas want you to choose by the end of March whether you enrol in the Altitude program - which will allow transfers to Air NZ, Virgin Blue, Malaysian & Singapore Airlines - or the Altitude Qantas program which will only allow points to Qantas. Locking you into Qantas doesn't give you a chance to shop around like this any more. I know which choice I will be taking.

thanks for the replies. When I have booked a F/F seat with Malaysia airlines I have usually done it over the phone and transferred the points across from altitude later. Does anyone know if it is the same with Singapore Air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back