What should be my next credit card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakxon

Hi there,

I currently have an AmEx Platinum Charge and an AmEx Platinum reserve (which comes complementary with the Platinum).

Anyway, my yearly annual fee is coming soon (start of July to be more precise) for AmEx Platinum and I was reading some terms and conditions that I need to wait 18 months before I will be eligible for the sign-on bonuses for a charge or credit card from AmEx for signing up a new card since I have both the Charge and normal credit card (platinum reserve).

I am thinking of just getting a bank AmEx card (Westpac Altitude Black), because I couldn't find anything else of decent value with the currently perks I have with AmEx Platinum (and not an AmEx issue card). Perks include travel credit, points, and airport lounges, and taking advantage of AmEx small shops promotion.

Anyway, I was just wondering if you have any insights where I could possible sign on to another AmEx credit card (i.e. explorer) to get these sign on bonuses, despite the fact that I will be 'just' cancelling these credit cards soon… If not, do you know any other cards that are decent and has sign on bonuses? I don't make enough to apply for the Citi Prestige.

Thanks and cheers.

Explorer is not going to happen for you. 18 month exclusion is being enforced. An exception that may suit you is for the David Jones Amex card. As long as you have not held another David Jones Amex within the last 18 months you will get the bonus for this card. It does not matter that you currently hold or have recently held other Amex cards. Although there may be a limit to the number of Amex accounts that you can have open concurrently. Don't forget to use a referral link for extra points at sign up.

(http://www.australianfrequentflyer....s/david-jones-american-express-new-81522.html)

For a list of other current offers that may interest you:

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/community/current-credit-card-promotions/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back