What is considered to be a 'new' AMEX customer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smit0847

Established Member
I'm considering applying for the Platinum Edge Card at some stage in the near future - American Express®

In order to get the sign-on MR bonus points the Ts and Cs says 'offer only available to new Platinum Edge Basic Credit Card Members who apply by November 2012'. I currently have a Velocity Gold Amex. I assume this means I am not a PEB CC Member? (My Velocity Amex has nothing to do with MR).

Would I be considered a new customer? Would I have to cancel my current card and then apply for the PEB CC in order to be a 'new card member'? I am not a new customer because I have previously accepted a Velocity AMEX, regardless of whether I still have it?

Thanks

I succesfully signed up for the Plat Edge card whilst having a bank issued Amex, received the sign on bonus.

Last edited:
It says you have to be a new platinum edge card member. Not a new customer. I'm not sure how there can be any confusion in the requirement that you've quoted.

Sent from the Throne

I called and asked the same question before a referral. Bank issue amex are not included so you are good to go.

Provided it is really a new account and you pay the applicable Annual Fee (not a transfer or upgrade from another card account), then you should be Ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back