Westpac Altitude and Etihad now partners in crime.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLN

got my Westpac Altitude Statement today in the mail, and notice that they are now partnered with Etihad. not much on their website bar the announcement.
nothing about how many points on transfer details. if you book a flight with Etihad on Platinum card X 6 points per $1.00 spent. just waiting to see what the points transfer is like, and what the points upgrade or redemption is like. didn't have much luck with their Website today, which will mean a phone call tomorrow.
makes Abu Dhabi F1 looking good..................

Good news..... Already a platinum altitude holder.... I hope the redemption rates are better than the current transfer rates to Velocity..... 1/2.... But the x6earn looks very good.... Pity I've just spent $10k on Etihad tickets...... Doh.....

Can anyone suggest the best method of utilising Altitude Points for purchase of Etihad flights

I had a look at the Altitude redemption options on the Westpac site. I can't see an option for transferring the Altitude points directly to Etihad.

So, two options to investigate.

Westpac Altitude travel on the Altitude website, allows searching for flights for 283,000 pts return Oz-AUH.

Maybe also research converting the same points to Virgin Velocity and redeeming for a Etihad flight.

There would be the need to do some back-of-the-envelope calculations to determine the best value method.

Alby

Thanks Alby. Whilst I have a significant number of points available, I don't have much experience with redeeming them.
I was wanting to book one way Greece to Sydney and it appears that booking through Altitude website requires that flights originate in Australia.
Perhaps your suggestion for transfer of points via Velocity, might be the most appropriate way forward - I will endevour to work my way through what is on offer.
I appreciate your assistance.

Thanks Alby. Whilst I have a significant number of points available, I don't have much experience with redeeming them.
I was wanting to book one way Greece to Sydney and it appears that booking through Altitude website requires that flights originate in Australia.
Perhaps your suggestion for transfer of points via Velocity, might be the most appropriate way forward - I will endevour to work my way through what is on offer.
Maybe call the Altitude call centre and discuss on the telephone.

Is this still active? I looked on the Altitude Black site and couldn't find Etihad listed?

I don't think it has ever been possible to transfer Altitude points to Etihad. AFAIK, the only reward program in Oz that allows this is Amex Membership Rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back