Westpac Altitude 50,000 QFF points ($150 annual fee - waived for existing customers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunk

Westpac Altitude is offering 50,000 Qantas points for after a $2,500 spend in 90 days.

Altitude Rewards Credit Card | Westpac

The card has an annual fee of $100 which is waived for existing Westpac Customers.

They are also offering the same 50,000 QFF bonus for Altitude Platinum ($150 annual fee) and Altitude Black ($395 annual fee) cards.

The annual fee waiver appears to be valid for all existing Westpac customers.

However, the bonus points portion of the deal does not apply to "Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Altitude, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months."

Does anyone have any experience with how strictly Westpac enforce the 12 month exclusion period? I have closed my Altitude Platinum a few weeks ago.

Re: Westpac Altitude 50,000 QFF points ($150 annual fee - waived for existing custome

Thanks for posting bunk - 50K QF pts for zero fee is a doozy!

Re: Westpac Altitude 50,000 QFF points ($150 annual fee - waived for existing custome

Have been looking for a new sign on bonus so thank you!

Yeah you'll think so but I got rejected by Westpac when I tried to apply for this. The only bank that seems to reject me.

Yeah you'll think so but I got rejected by Westpac when I tried to apply for this. The only bank that seems to reject me.
I'm sure its really not personal!
No you can never take it personally - CBA have never ever approved me for a CC - other big 3 throw them at me like confetti - go figure.

Yeah I suppose I can't take it personal but it's just disappointing because Westpac is the only one that gives you 50k and fees waived which is better than what others have offered

So... "Existing customer". Will just opening a savings account do ?

Boo and hiss for no points for existing members. I'm using this offer anyway to dodge the $395 annual fee for my existing card.

It's disappointing that they continue to only offer fee free for their existing customers.

I don't have the time to go into a branch to open an account that I'm never going to use again and I'm certainly not paying any fees for that account.

Last edited:

It's disappointing that they continue to only offer fee free for their existing customers.

Last time,I opened a savings a/c (fee free) online, got a customer number and login, applied for the fee free card (with sign on bonus) through that, all done and dusted.
Easy.

Earn rate is low and there is capping of 3,750 points per statement period - so not one to keep.

I'm disappointed by the offer on the black card, I've been waiting for an offer so I can replace my NAB platinum with something with a comparable earn rate but can't justify a $400 fee for only 50k points.

See I think its nice for a company to offer a bonus to their existing customers, rather than only to newbies.

Last time,I opened a savings a/c (fee free) online, got a customer number and login, applied for the fee free card (with sign on bonus) through that, all done and dusted.
Easy.

Fee free?

The everyday banking account appears to have a $5 a month charge (and no I'm not depositing $2000 into this account just to get it fee free)

The Westpac eSaver account appears to need to be linked to another Westpac account to access your money.

Which savings account was it? Do you have a direct link?

Last edited:

See I think its nice for a company to offer a bonus to their existing customers, rather than only to newbies.
Totally OT but hopefully mods will cut me some slack - doesn't it just get up up your nose when you have been a customer of any company for like yonks and then you see a special offer as an attempt to draw new customers way below what you pay and you just cannot get the same deal?

Back OT - IME Westpac have a really good track record of looking after existing customers.

Fee free?

The everyday banking account appears to have a $5 a month charge (and no I'm not depositing $2000 into this account just to get it fee free)

The Westpac eSaver account appears to need to be linked to another Westpac account to access your money.

The Westpac Reward Saver is the one that you want. Whilst there are silly fees for actually using it, you're not forced to use it and there's no monthly fee.

I recently received 40,000 bonus points from a previous offer. Opened a Reward Saver account first to become a Westpac customer, and never deposited anything. :)

Reward Saver Account - Bonus Interest Savings Accounts | Westpac

The Westpac Reward Saver is the one that you want. Whilst there are silly fees for actually using it, you're not forced to use it and there's no monthly fee.

I recently received 40,000 bonus points from a previous offer. Opened a Reward Saver account first to become a Westpac customer, and never deposited anything. :)

Reward Saver Account - Bonus Interest Savings Accounts | Westpac

Thanks for that.

I tried to open an account online and got the following:

"We had difficulties creating your account. We'll continue to process your application and get in contact with you within 24 hours."

Guess I'll wait to see what happens.

Last edited:

Fee free?

Fee free if you close it once it's served its purpose! But really one months fee to get a significant cut in annual fee for the card seems worth it

Westpac Altitude 50,000 QFF points ($150 annual fee - waived for existing cus...

Absolutely agree. It rankles with me when loyal customers are excluded from being rewarded. Foxtel are dreadful like that.

I applied for the card using the link and was accepted. Will wait for the paperwork as I didn't see the points offer anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back