Virgin Flyer Visa - 20k velocity points + $150 webjet voucher - till 30 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyboi

Virgin Flyer Credit Card | Virgin Credit Cards | Virgin Money

Land a $150 Webjet Gift Voucher

when approved for a Virgin Flyer Credit Card

Apply for a Virgin Flyer Credit Card by 30 June 2011 and you’ll fly away with a $150 Webjet Gift Voucher# on approval.
Plus earn 20,000 Velocity Points to fly on Virgin Australia
Even better. Spend $5,000 on your new card within 3 months of approval and you’ll also receive 20,000 Velocity Points* - enough to treat yourself to a free flight^ with Virgin Australia. Wouldn’t that be nice?

Plus more flights on Virgin Australia
You’ll also be on the receiving end of all the benefits and features the Virgin Flyer Credit Card is famous for.

• Get 2-for-1 seats on Virgin Australia when you pay with your Virgin Flyer Credit Card, up to 4 times a year, every year, all over Australia. All you need to do is cover the credit card booking fees. Flights subject to availability, conditions apply.
  • Earn 1 Velocity3 Point per $1 spent up to $1,500 per month and then 1 Velocity Point for every $2. Velocity is the loyalty program of the Virgin Australia group of airlines.
  • An impressive balance transfer rate of 2.9%p.a.7 for the first 6 months. At the end of the 6 months promotional period, any outstanding balance transferred will revert to the cash advance rate.
  • Enjoy up to 44 interest free days1.
  • You’ll get all this for a low $99 annual fee.

I would be interested to know what people's thoughts are on this deal.

As I understand it, one of the major gripes with the virgin flyer card was the stupid rules around redeeming the 2-4-1 flights in terms of a go fare needing to be available even though you couldnt book a go fare to redeem the free.

Given the changes to Virgin's fare structure in recent weeks, has this issue been rectified?

If so, it sounds like a great deal!

I am pretty sure that the terms and conditions no-longer state that it has to be a 'go' fare, and that you can purchase any fare type and get the same fare type as the 'freebie".
Stated here in terms and conditions:

8.Offer provides 50% off Domestic Virgin Australia flights for you and a friend for up to 4 sectors a year in saver, flexi and premium fare classes (excludes sale fares). The availability for this offer is restricted. The Virgin Australia Guest Contact Centre will advise if there is availability for the dates you wish to travel. Credit card payment fees apply to both Guests and are not discounted. Checked baggage charges apply to some fare types. New Virgin Australia Guest Contact Centre bookings made at least 21 days in advance only. Payment with Virgin Flyer Credit Card and/or Virgin Australia vouchers required. Seats must be booked in the same fare class and are subject to availability which may be limited at peak times such as weekends, Christmas or School Holidays.

The line that gets my attention is the "4 sectors" line, so if I fly ADL > OOL (1 flight a day) and I decide to take one ADL>MEL>OOL is that all my flight 'sectors' in one hit?

But really its only 2 free return flights anyway.

I was contemplating switching from my NAB Gold Velocity card to this deal before, but with the added deal with the $150 webjet (make that $120 + $30 webjet ripoff fees) voucher its a slam dunk for me, signing up tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back