Velocity refferral question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saurs82

So yesterday afternoon my husband signed up to the velocity platinum credit card through my referral link at the time he signed up the bonus was 80000 points for him and 20000 for me, a mere 2 or 3 hours later the bonus changed to 100000 for new sign ups and 60000 for the referring person. Do you think we will be able to get the new bonus points deal or are we just out of luck? Anyone else had this happen?

Didn't I see 100K pts on offer for Velocity Plat with 20K to referee somewhere? I am after the 100K if any AFFer wants 20K for themselves?

Didn't I see 100K pts on offer for Velocity Plat with 20K to referee somewhere? I am after the 100K if any AFFer wants 20K for themselves?

Would you want to wait till the end of today as I'll have my referral link up I'm hoping and referee bonus is 60k now.

Indeed - meltdown is a term that springs to mind - and so many worthy recipients - 60K pts? I am staggered!
It would be worth taking one for the team and applying. But whose referral do you choose?

JohnK this can be difficult. At our work office we had 4 or 5 working our crowd with quite a bit of success. I think if you quietly pick someone you like you might avoid a seagull style of fight over who you pick.

It would be worth taking one for the team and applying. But whose referral do you choose?
That is not an easy decision Johnny - I have had quite a few valued AFF contributors 'offer' up their link - I need to choose one only - TBH it makes you feel a tad uncomfortable in not being able to see all get an earn - as Benny has emblazoned on his chest 'such is life'!

Yes JohnK the points referral is something that should go to someone who is more on a tighter budget than someone who has been swanning around the world like me. I am really pleased that one at our office is taking his family of four from Perth to the Melbourne footy for the first time ever by getting these Velocity points. Getting those super inexpensive points flights changed a multi thousand dollar trip to something more affordable and his 2 sons are very excited. Holiday budgets have really been boosted by this card promo and the referral points.
I feel certain you can pick a good one if you think about it.

Very humble post Cove.

I know some on here have been very fortunate in being able to travel regularly and at the pointy end as well. I get very jealous reading some of the trip reports on the forum and the photos posted by those sipping on bubbles at the pointy end.

Hopefully those that do get the referral bonus are able to put the points to good use and have their own personal experience thanks to the kindness of someone on here.

I have yet to choose exactly which referral link I will use - too many deserving offers - but the preceding post has me intrigued - yld200 pls tell me more?

Do you currently hold this card and can offer referral link?

Tell me about your flying history / current flying patterns?

Have you never flown in pointy end on any airline?

Note: Genuine request so genuine responses pls - PM if you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back