VA questions re changing existing bookings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mel-world

I have a couple of questions regarding changing recent VA bookings, one concerning a COVID related cancellation of one leg of a booking and the other relating to Comfort X charges. I hope wiser minds that I might offer an opinion.

1. When Melbourne was about to go into lockdown three recently, we had to get to HBA urgently (thinking they may refuse entry from Victoria) and VA did not have an evening flight so we booked an expensive QF ticket but informed VA at MEL before we left that we would only use the return sector of the original itinerary (which we did with no problems). VA Guest Relations at MEL advised we should ring them on our return about a Travel Bank credit for the unused Elevate sector. We did (after some length waits on the phone) but it had to be referred to the manager and we were promised a call back. That was a fortnight ago. Should I continue to chase or write it off?

2. Now that VA has been increasing its flights to various locations, I have twice now changed flights for 2 pax travelling together to more civilized times and selected new previouly paid Comfort X seats on both sectors. One each occasion, they have chosen to charge me for one new set of seats although I have only changed to a new flight, not a name, date, destination or even aircraft type change. Again, no answer from VA to my email enquiry. Has anyone had a similar charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back