Using AMEX to pay Employee Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danger UXB

Just received an email from AMEX explaining I can pay my staff super using my AMEX Business card. I haven't read all the details yet but they do it thru this company

Ozedi

You seem to need to register with Ozedi and pay monthly fee then there is also a 2.4% AMEX surcharge :shock:
T+C's here

Terms and Conditions 1. Membership Rewards enrolment is required (an annual fee may apply). Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au/termsandconditions
2. Dependant on your American Express Business Card. Depending upon when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your account from your previous statement period.
3. Enrolment in RewardPay is required to enable payment for superannuation contributions. A 2.4% plus GST processing fee does apply.
4. Ozedi pricing is a flat monthly fee based on the number of employees. For more information please visit ozediready.com.au
This email was sent to @gmail.com. If you received this email at a different address the email was forwarded to you.
To continue to take advantage of the very latest offers from American Express please add americanexpress@email.americanexpress.com to your email address book.

You are receiving this because you have opted to receive email offers from American Express.
American Express Australia Limited 12 Shelley Street, NSW Sydney 2000 (ABN 92 108 952 085)

Anyway when I read further in Ozedi web site it also mentions you can pay by paypal not sure if this is just the monthly fee or the whole super payment, and thus it seems avoiding the 2.4% surcharge.
The ozedi monthly fees don't seem too steep at first sight, but as I say I haven't read much of the small print.
I will read more later and I'm certainly interested if the paypal thing is a go.

Hopefully it helps others now that the other fiscal thread is nearly a dinosaur:)

Last edited:
Yes I got that email too.

Seems like there is a 2.4% (+gst) surcharge by RewardsPay and then the monthly fee by Ozedi. What's everyone's thoughts on this system? Worth it?

From Ozedi:

[h=4]How do I pay superannuation using American Express?[/h]If you are an American Express customer, then you can register at www.RewardPay.com.au which will provide you with the customer number needed by Ozedi. Enter these details in the Preferences section.
When you have uploaded a contributions file, the Send to Amex button will be enabled. If there are no errors in your payments at Ozedi, then you can send the payments to Amex via this process. To authorise the payments to be made by American Express, you must log into the RewardPay portal and confirm your approval for the payments to be processed. There is a surcharge for this service and this is clearly shown on the screen at RewardPay.
Ozedi will display the Amex payment status at the On Hold tab. Once your approval for payment has been given, and Amex has transferred the money to the funds, Ozedi will automatically process the remittances to the funds. You can process the remittances manually if you wish to.
NB Allow 2 days for the funds to be received by the superannuation funds if using the Amex payment method.

From RewardsPay:
[h=4]How much does it cost to use RewardPay?[/h]
There are no set-up charges to use RewardPay. You will be charged 2.40% + GST for each transaction. No other charges apply.

Now if they could do this with ATO payments and any Visa/MC cards, that would be great.

Nice post. Thanks for sharing. I've contacted reward pay and will see how I go. Dissapointing Centurion services didn't contact me about this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back