Two Membership Rewards Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronjames000

Hi there,

Been trolling through previous posts but haven't found any clues, so hopefully someone can shed some light...

I currently hold a Platinum Charge, and just recently acquired a Platinum Edge... and in my online account summary pages, it shows a different point balance for each of the cards...

I understand that one may be credited to Ascent Premium, and the other to Ascent, but since I was already a member of Ascent Premium with my initial Charge Card, would/should it not be reasonable to assume that all future points would be credited to the premium account??

Is this normal? Or should I call and get them to tie them together.

Many thanks,
Aaronjames000.

I would give them a call and ask for them to be joined. I previously had the same card arrangement and only had the one MR account.

No joy with that... The operator couldn't really care less.

Apparently because they are two different points earning structures, they can't be credited to the same account. BS.

Might try them again tonight.

Maybe they have changed their 'rules' about this in the last few years. As I recall it was one of the benefits they used to promote, that is that your secondary card also earned points to Ascent Premium.

That is BS. I have different point earning structures crediting to the one account. Maybe try the online message team as well? They have always been good for me...

No joy with that... The operator couldn't really care less.

Apparently because they are two different points earning structures, they can't be credited to the same account. BS.

Might try them again tonight.

Thanks for the hot tip Plutonus.

Tried the email thing... they emailed back within a couple of hours and said that if I wanted to link my accounts I needed to call....

So called again... got through to a super helpful american guy.... he said he had to get approval to link them because they don't usually link Edge to Charge, only Reserve (companion card) to Charge.... but because they are comparable he said it was all fine.

Happy days problem solved. The old HUACA method worked a treat!

I find this "new" USA call centre quite good

when i called yesterday during the day... got through to somewhere (i don't even know where) but it definitely wasn't the US... and the operator spoke quite poor english and was no help at all... even a tad rude.

called again tonight... was definitely answered in the US... the guy was super friendly, efficient and extremely helpful... superb service!

Yes. Should be tied together.
But don't get me started on the incompetent team member who seriously stuffed up a card cancellation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back