Transferring Membership Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

3eef

Intern
Mrs3eef and I tend to stay in different hotel chains for our business travel. SPG & Hilton namely.

We have amex rewards and I am the primary card holder.

Tried to transfer to Mrs3eef's Hilton account but was declined as account has to be in my name!

Has anyone got any ideas on how to get round this?

From what I can see only way is to get another Amex and pay to transfer between accounts which is sub optimal for me.

Mrs3eef and I tend to stay in different hotel chains for our business travel. SPG & Hilton namely.

We have amex rewards and I am the primary card holder.

Tried to transfer to Mrs3eef's Hilton account but was declined as account has to be in my name!

Has anyone got any ideas on how to get round this?

From what I can see only way is to get another Amex and pay to transfer between accounts which is sub optimal for me.

Transfer to Hilton:

1. Transfer to your Virgin Atlantic account: 1 MR = 1 VA point (currently 30% bonus)
2. Transfer your VA miles to your wifes VA miles
3. Transfer your wifes VA miles to her Hilton account: 1 VA = 2 HH
You end up with 2.6HH points for every MR point on your wifes account.

But can't you book HH and SPG rewards in a different persons name anyway?

We use 2 plat bus charge cards and transfer points between them, as required.

Sorry, I can't advised about Hilton as I don't enjoy their service but you can also transfer points from one SPG account to another.

Add: since I'm just having dinner at the bar, I looked it up for you. Seems to solved your problem... Although it costs a bit.

[h=4]25. Can I transfer my HHonors points into someone else's HHonors account?[/h]Hilton HHonors® points can be transferred to another HHonors member in increments of 10,000 points, at a cost of $.0025 USD per point, or $25.00 USD per 10,000 points. There is no limit to the number of HHonors points a member can transfer or receive. Fees are based on the number of points a member transfers out of their account. After transferring 200,000 points in a calendar year, any subsequent transfers that year are free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Currently Active Users

Back