Transfering AMEX Points to other people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Are we still able to transfer AMEX MR Points between accounts? I did it several years ago but couldn't find any link to the form or any details on the website? Anybody done it recently?

Cheers,

I don't think so given that I have had two MR accounts at one time because one was a corporate card and the other a personal card.

Haha, yeah. We want to transfer them all to my account and then into my FF account. Better value for award redemptions.

You can under some circumstances, I can't remember what they were or if there is a cost. I called them a few months ago to enquire transferring MR points to my wife and they posted a form out for me to fill in. I never went through with the transfer though.. I think you both need to be on the same program or the points can only go from higher to lower program (ie. choice can't transfer into ascent)..

You can under some circumstances, I can't remember what they were or if there is a cost. I called them a few months ago to enquire transferring MR points to my wife and they posted a form out for me to fill in. I never went through with the transfer though.. I think you both need to be on the same program or the points can only go from higher to lower program (ie. choice can't transfer into ascent)..

You mean this form?

http://www.americanexpress.com/australia/pdfs/customerservice/amex_mrpoints_gift_requestform_v5.pdf

So from that form:
  • max of 50K per calendar year
  • $5 fee per 1K transferred

I believe the $5 per 1K points only applies if you're transferring between programs. If both are in Ascent for example, then no fee applies.

hi all

im looking at transferring some of mine (primary cardholder's) Amex rewards points to my Amex supplementary cardholder's CX (asia miles) account.

from reading the T&C it looks like it's not possible. is there a way around it? what if the primary Amex cardholder authorized it in writing?

thanks

why dont you just book it for them? say you open an AM account if not already? dont think insurance makes a difference here e.g. fully paid by the "same person" either pt or $

why dont you just book it for them? say you open an AM account if not already? dont think insurance makes a difference here e.g. fully paid by the "same person" either pt or $

hi scheps, thanks for the respond, im looking at using AM "companion ticket reward".

and it looks like the revenue ticket member needs to redeem the miles for the companion award, which is my Amex supplementary cardholder.

i was thinking if my supplementary cardholder opens an amex account with amex, can membership rewards points be transferred between accounts? (it's a NZ card if that makes any difference)

cheers

I dont know specifically for NZ. I only know for AUS. If its the same, then it would be a yes.

I know you can transfer in 1000 lots, up to 50000 per calendar year between ascent and ascent. If its anything else different, will be charged at $5 per 1000 points which i think is quite steep.

There is also a thread here somewhere, its quite recent.

BTW is that for CX or non CX but one world booking? because would be interested in your experience as it feels quite insecure to be submitting a form for availability, seems primitive to me..... otherwise i would use AM!

always try to just send to the account
sometimes it works if not they go back in the account then try another route

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back