Time for DC points transfers to SPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersonic Swinger

Oneworld
Emerald
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Hi - having recently started using the DC+MC combo primarily to earn SPG points, I have yet to make my first transfer from DC to SPG.

Has anyone made these transfers and have experience of how long they take to show up in your SPG account?

Thanks

ISTR it was a couple of days.... although the official time is longer I believe

I did my first transfer today on the phone. They say up to 28 days!!

I guess that is to save worry :)

Let us know how long it takes.

Did you have to register your number with them first? I tried to register my SPG number so that I could do the transfers online, but the call centre guy in India kept on thinking I was applying for Starwood Gold status no matter how often I explained I was trying to register my number so that I could transfer points. He ended up saying someone would call me back, and they never did.

Let us know how long it takes.

Did you have to register your number with them first? I tried to register my SPG number so that I could do the transfers online, but the call centre guy in India kept on thinking I was applying for Starwood Gold status no matter how often I explained I was trying to register my number so that I could transfer points. He ended up saying someone would call me back, and they never did.

Hi SS

Yes, I did also register my number at the same time. I initially had the same issue. The CSO wanted to talk about becoming SPG gold.
That said he quickly got it and hopefully my points transfer correctly. I must also say he was amazingly polite and helpful. But final judgement awaits the appearance or otherwise of the points.
If I had my time again I would do a test transfer of whatever the minimum allowed transfer was.

Thanks Newk and KitKat, would be good to hear if the couple of days KitKat experienced still holds.

I'm at 12 days since requesting a transfer, and still nothing... Must be closer to the 28 stated days than zero...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back