The Qantas American Express Ultimate Card 75k Points + 75 SC Bonus (Qantas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharky093

https://www.americanexpress.com/au/...ex-cardshop-carousel-qantasultimate?filter=mp

First time I've seen status credits on offer.

$450 for the year with a return domestic and a reshape of point earning as well.

"Earn 75,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 1 May 2017, are approved and spend $1,500 in the first 3 months from the Card approval date. Earn 75 bonus Status Credits when you book and fly return with Qantas by 30 September 2017"

https://www.americanexpress.com/au/...ex-cardshop-carousel-qantasultimate?filter=mp

First time I've seen status credits on offer.

$450 for the year with a return domestic and a reshape of point earning as well.

"Earn 75,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 1 May 2017, are approved and spend $1,500 in the first 3 months from the Card approval date. Earn 75 bonus Status Credits when you book and fly return with Qantas by 30 September 2017"

Probably only for new card holders :erm:

Probably only for new card holders :erm:

"Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited, in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for the Bonus Qantas Points offer."

"Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited, in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for the Bonus Qantas Points offer."

This is standard.

Historically it has generally not been enforced.

Things always change though.

This is standard.

Historically it has generally not been enforced.

Things always change though.

I think things have changed unfortunately. Applied for this card under a different offer earlier this year and did not receive bonus points as a current Amex holder.

So the way I interpret it is if I have an Amex card issued by another bank I would still be be eligible to receive the bonus? Or does holding an Amex full stop void it? Can anyone correct me ?

So the way I interpret it is if I have an Amex card issued by another bank I would still be be eligible to receive the bonus? Or does holding an Amex full stop void it? Can anyone correct me ?

You will get the bonus as long as you do not currently hold an AMEX issued credit card product (Platinum Charge card would be ok, Bank issued AMEX companion cards also ok).

A bank issued amex card is not considered to be a true amex card by amex

You will get the bonus as long as you do not currently hold an AMEX issued credit card product (Platinum Charge card would be ok, Bank issued AMEX companion cards also ok).

So is the consensus that if you have held an AMEX issued card recently but have cancelled it and don't currently hold one, then AMEX is likely to not enforce the 18 months previously held condition?

So is the consensus that if you have held an AMEX issued card recently but have cancelled it and don't currently hold one, then AMEX is likely to not enforce the 18 months previously held condition?

The rules appear to be changing.

That AMEX has not traditionally enforced its 18 month exclusion period is well established. That AMEX continues to not enforce the 18 month exclusion period is not so clear.

It's likely that we will need to see what is reported from people applying for this offering before a 'consensus' can become clearer.

Just read the terms and conditions - the 75 status credits offer is not specifically tied to the bonus points eligibility criteria but specifically to purchasing a Q flight through Q within specified period:

To earn 75 Bonus Status Credits, Card Members must apply for a Qantas American
Express Ultimate Card by 1 May 2017, be approved and then book and travel on a
new Qantas return flight (excludes Classic Flight Rewards and partner or
codeshare flights) departing between 12.01am (AEDT) 6 March and 11.59pm (AEST)
30 September 2017.

I'm going to apply as worst case scenario, if I don't get the 75,000 points I'd still get a Q flight for $450 and the opportunity to get the bonus 75 SC, which is useful for me to keep gold or maybe get platinum. (can't be used for P1 apparently).

The question is that whether the 75SCs is eligible for any Qantas Gold Challenge of 200SCs within 3 months ......

The rules appear to be changing.

That AMEX has not traditionally enforced its 18 month exclusion period is well established. That AMEX continues to not enforce the 18 month exclusion period is not so clear.

It's likely that we will need to see what is reported from people applying for this offering before a 'consensus' can become clearer.

I am not sure about the 18 month rule enforcement, but it is certainly clear that at least a number of people are now being told by Amex, including by post-application phone calls, that they will not earn points for a new Amex CC application because they currently have an Amex CC issued by Amex. Others have not been contacted but have reported not receiving sign-on bonii for this situation. This change seems to have be happening for applications from 31 Jan 2017.

More data will reveal if this is the case for everyone or just some.

I do not think I have yet read a report of someone solely not getting the sign-on bonus for having had any Amex in the last 18 months (ie where they do not currently have an Amex).

Also what appears to be the case now is that Amex seem more willing to actually enforce the rules, as previously many have gained sign on points when the terms indicated that they should not gain them.

Are there any referral links for this card? If so, what do the referrer and referree receive?

Just to clarify a bank issued Amex does not disqualify from getting the bonus

I am not sure about the 18 month rule enforcement, but it is certainly clear that at least a number of people are now being told by Amex, including by post-application phone calls, that they will not earn points for a new Amex CC application because they currently have an Amex CC issued by Amex. Others have not been contacted but have reported not receiving sign-on bonii for this situation. This change seems to have be happening for applications from 31 Jan 2017.

More data will reveal if this is the case for everyone or just some.

I do not think I have yet read a report of someone solely not getting the sign-on bonus for having had any Amex in the last 18 months (ie where they do not currently have an Amex).

Also what appears to be the case now is that Amex seem more willing to actually enforce the rules, as previously many have gained sign on points when the terms indicated that they should not gain them.

Any more recent experiences regarding getting the bonus (and holding another Amex card....in my case Amex Explorer)....I'm looking for a 1.5 Qf pt per $ card in case my Westpac Earth Black Amex (currently 1.5 Qf per $) goes belly up with the upcoming RBA changes !

Any more recent experiences regarding getting the bonus (and holding another Amex card....in my case Amex Explorer)....I'm looking for a 1.5 Qf pt per $ card in case my Westpac Earth Black Amex (currently 1.5 Qf per $) goes belly up with the upcoming RBA changes !

I took out this card in November when the offer was 100k pts. Received the bonus.
Took out an explorer card in January (Ultimate Card still open). Received the 110k bonus. Don't know if it made a difference but I created a new username for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back