The Edge - General discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steady

Qantas
LT Gold
I just received my Edge, it was linked to Accent (I have an Explorer)

I made my first spend ~$300 and no points posted, called them up and they couldn't see what went wrong so they made a manual adjustment of 5k :cool: 2 days later the spend points posted.

(I was speaking to the Phillipines call centre and tried to get a supplementary card in my name but they wouldn't)

I have occasionally had points not post on my Edge. Like you, after calling them they apologised for the inconvenience and gave me 5000 points too.

I just received my Edge, it was linked to Accent (I have an Explorer)

I made my first spend ~$300 and no points posted, called them up and they couldn't see what went wrong so they made a manual adjustment of 5k :cool: 2 days later the spend points posted.

(I was speaking to the Phillipines call centre and tried to get a supplementary card in my name but they wouldn't)

After getting knocked back for a supplementary card in my name by the call centre staff, I used the online form to apply, and I selected 'other' for relationship.

It is showing up in my account today, it was a lot quicker then phoning in to request it.

im a bit confused here, so apologies, if I recall correctly, I applied for this card about late jan or early feb
my offer was $195 annual fee, and $195 travel credit,

ive also got the explorer car with $400 credit

How do you get access to this $195 credit?
I havent linked or unlinked anything as of yet

im a bit confused here, so apologies, if I recall correctly, I applied for this card about late jan or early feb
my offer was $195 annual fee, and $195 travel credit,

ive also got the explorer car with $400 credit

How do you get access to this $195 credit?
I havent linked or unlinked anything as of yet

As a new card holder (ie no previous free VA flight offer) you should just be able to see the $200 travel credit from the Edge when you go to book your flights via the AMEX travel website. By the sounds of it you don't see that?

I'm sure I've seen other AFF'rs post that they too were having trouble accessing multiple travel credits (where they had access to more than one) and that they had to book manual via the call center (no phone booking fees charged).

As a new card holder (ie no previous free VA flight offer) you should just be able to see the $200 travel credit from the Edge when you go to book your flights via the AMEX travel website. By the sounds of it you don't see that?

I'm sure I've seen other AFF'rs post that they too were having trouble accessing multiple travel credits (where they had access to more than one) and that they had to book manual via the call center (no phone booking fees charged).

I currently see the 400 credit from the Explorer.
So I'm wondering what to do

I currently see the 400 credit from the Explorer.
So I'm wondering what to do

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm sure I saw another thread where others were having a similar problem and they rectified it by manually booking over the phone. Certainly worth a try I would have thought.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm sure I saw another thread where others were having a similar problem and they rectified it by manually booking over the phone. Certainly worth a try I would have thought.

I might give them a call. I'm still annoyed at not getting the bonus :(
Worked so hard for it. Used a referral and they got the bonus too :)

edit: just tried calling a few times, got put on hold for 15 mins and got told their systems are down for maintnenace,

I reckon she told me "unfortunately our systems are down for maintence" at least 9 times in the space of 4 mins

Last edited:
After getting knocked back for a supplementary card in my name by the call centre staff, I used the online form to apply, and I selected 'other' for relationship.

It is showing up in my account today, it was a lot quicker then phoning in to request it.

Where on the account do you see the supplementary card? I applied for one a week ago and it has yet to turn up.

i also had the explorer first. used the $400 travel credit.
then applied for the edge. but couldnt use the $200 travel credit online. I called them and they said to make the booking and pay for it in full. then send them an email saying you want to used the credit. they then refunded me $200. I would call them and flag it with them in case the process has changed. Just make sure you book with the card that the credit relates to.

I just got my first ever referal bonus, but im confused whether its the explorer or plat edge bonus

its for 15k, which I think it makes it a edge bonus and not explorer

however it says

16/03/2017

PAYPAL*AP 35314369001$4,822.16 9,644
togClose.gif

Referred Friend Bonus 15000 Points
since its 2pts per $1 using paypal ,its a explorer transaction, however the bonus of 15k i think was for plat edge,

so I have no idea even which card it was,

however, im very very grateful, it makes missing out on the sign in bonus all a distant memory! :)

I just got my first ever referal bonus, but im confused whether its the explorer or plat edge bonus

Look at the referral bonus for each card. They are different. I am sure that you can work it out. Just match up the numbers.

however it says

16/03/2017

PAYPAL*AP 35314369001$4,822.16 9,644
togClose.gif

since its 2pts per $1 using paypal ,its a explorer transaction, however the bonus of 15k i think was for plat edge,

however, im very very grateful, it makes missing out on the sign in bonus all a distant memory! :)

Hi

I think this is actually your 15,000 sign-on bonus for the Edge. I assume you used a referral link.

When I got this card, they showed up as "referred" friend bonus too

Hi

I think this is actually your 15,000 sign-on bonus. I assume you used a referral link.

for a split microsecond, I thought that might be possbile too

however everyone has been saying bonus points are automatically credited, (they did with my explorer)

and ive called up about the bonus points a few times in case its a system error or the CSR could manually adjust them, but each time theyve outright said no

regardless, im very happy

Hi

I think this is actually your 15,000 sign-on bonus for the Edge. I assume you used a referral link.

You are correct.

Referred Friend Bonus: Means points from a referral link you used.

Refer a Friend bonus: Means points from a referral link of your that someone else used.

SOPOOR - how long ago did you meet your qualifying spend? Just wondering if Amex have changed from crediting the bonus points immediately upon the qualifying spend having cleared, to crediting the bonus point with a delay (for example, 6 weeks)...

for a split microsecond, I thought that might be possbile too

however everyone has been saying bonus points are automatically credited, (they did with my explorer)

and ive called up about the bonus points a few times in case its a system error or the CSR could manually adjust them, but each time theyve outright said no

regardless, im very happy

however it says

16/03/2017
PAYPAL*AP 35314369001
$4,822.16
togClose.gif

-

You are correct.

Referred Friend Bonus: Means points from a referral link you used.

Refer a Friend bonus: Means points from a referral link of your that someone else used.

SOPOOR - how long ago did you meet your qualifying spend? Just wondering if Amex have changed from crediting the bonus points immediately upon the qualifying spend having cleared, to crediting the bonus point with a delay (for example, 6 weeks)...

qualifying spend was reached 21st feb
the reason why I got anxious is because my explorer bonus was overnight, and super quick

regardless, im grateful, the service rep told me that i dont qualify so there is nothing he can do about it, however he will give me 1000 points as a good will gesture, which was very kind of him

Just wondering if Amex have changed from crediting the bonus points immediately upon the qualifying spend having cleared, to crediting the bonus point with a delay (for example, 6 weeks)...

Over the last decade I have had numerous Amex Cards. With most the sign-on points took a while to show up. The Explorer was one of the few where it seemed to post almost immediately.

Over the last decade I have had numerous Amex Cards. With most the sign-on points took a while to show up. The Explorer was one of the few where it seemed to post almost immediately.

well it looks like this is the reason i got anxious when mine didnt post,

well it looks like this is the reason i got anxious when mine didnt post,

Perhaps let me restate what I said. It has been normal in my experience that sign-on points take a while to show up.

A while meaning not instantaneously on any target being met, and not that they were awarded late.

In the T&C it normally will specify a max period for this to occur by. Only once did my points not post by that period and only after that did I call to chase up. Points were then awarded.

Always read the T&C section of any offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back