Targeted Campaign: Sweet ways to earn more Bonus Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

TtiGeR

Intern
Just received the following email from AMEX. According to the card number, it was targeted to my Platinum Edge card.

Offer 1:
Spend $25 at Major Supermarkets for 1,000 bonus points.

Offer 2:
Spend $20 or more at restaurants across Australia for 1,000 bonus points.

Offer 3:
Spend $200 at Bunnings, Appliance Online, Harvey Norman, Adairs, The Good Guys and Domayne for 2,000 points.

All offers had a condition "Offer valid for a single transaction only".

Refer to the screenshot for details and complete T&C.

2gt4v42.png

Last edited:
Yeah - my weekly $250 bill at woolies might have a different purchase profile if it wasn't capped.

Man $250 !!! That must be alot of 'sticky specials', oh that's right they were too sticky and got stuck never to be seen again ......

Roll on the bonus offers I say ....

Yours are better than mine :( - except I got the 2,000 points for $200 household supplies. Also got 5,000 bonus points if I spend $1,000 or more on travel.

Yours are better than mine :( - except I got the 2,000 points for $200 household supplies. Also got 5,000 bonus points if I spend $1,000 or more on travel.

I got the same 2 as you Plutonus, and 1000 points for a $20 spend in restaurants. The offers are for my Platinum Edge card and are obviously targetted to try to get me to spend in areas I usually don't use the Edge card for. Essentially I use my Edge card for groceries and petrol only, therefore probably no surprise that I didn't get the supermarket or servo offer.

Essentially I use my Edge card for groceries and petrol only, therefore probably no surprise that I didn't get the supermarket or servo offer.

Um... I only use my Edge at supermarkets...

I have a Platinum Edge card too - have not received any offers. But perhaps not a surprise, as I use it for everything - groceries, petrol, travel....

I got this offer on my Gold Charge card which I never use. It was 1,000 bonus points for a spend of $25 at supermarkets; 1,000 bonus points for a spend of $25 at petrol stations and 2,000 bonus points for a spend of $200 at Myer, DJs, Target, Big W or DSE.

Time to dust the card off, methinks... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back