Switching from Signature to Prestige

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithy789

Hi all,
I use the Citibank Signature (fee-free for life) credit card, and have accrued a stack of points.
Does anyone know if I can sign up for the Prestige card (assuming I meet the criteria), elect Qantas, and have the rewards points that I accrued with the Signature card transferred to the Prestige card (and then on to my Qantas FF account)?
The earn rate and transfer rate for the Prestige card is better than the Signature card (although the annual fee is much bigger). But will the transfer rate to Qantas (1:1) only apply for points earned with the Prestige card?
Thanks for your help!

So you have over 5 million in points because that is at least what you will want to make the ongoing annual fee worth while?

So you have over 5 million in points because that is at least what you will want to make the ongoing annual fee worth while?
Maybe so - maybe not - book 2 x '4/3' stays at a decent hotel and your ann fee covered.

Maybe so - maybe not - book 2 x '4/3' stays at a decent hotel and your ann fee covered.

A warning that the 4/3 is an OTA booking so you wouldn't get elite benefit nor SNP, as Citibank Australia uses Hotel.com as its booking agent. This is different to the US version where it is a true SABRE booking.

CE convinced me to do the 4/3 deal on accommodation and we have our third deal booked this year. If I can do this then pretty much anyone can handle the 1800 phone call to get the accommodation set. We did Brisbane Hilton,Marriott Marquis in New York and still to come the Pullman resort in Bunker Bay WA. Sure you get no loyalty kickers for booking this way but it is better to save the money on each stay.

A warning that the 4/3 is an OTA booking so you wouldn't get elite benefit nor SNP, as Citibank Australia uses Hotel.com as its booking agent. This is different to the US version where it is a true SABRE booking.
Not 100% correct - honouring elite benefits through 3rd party bookings depends Hotel to Hotel - WA in Shanghai in May 100% honoured HH Dia benefits. Indeed Hilton SIN have done both on seperate stays - once Dia benefits refused - next time honoured - go figure. I usually email Hotel prior to arriving and ask that specific question - but as always YMMV.
CE convinced me to do the 4/3 deal on accommodation and we have our third deal booked this year. If I can do this then pretty much anyone can handle the 1800 phone call to get the accommodation set. We did Brisbane
FWIW I never call Citi to arrange '4/3' deals - it is all done via a simple template setting out Hotel / arr & dep date / room and rate details clearly set out - leave nothing to chance. Of course all this takes place post you checking hotel rates offered direct by hotel and elsewhere available on net.

Sometimes hotel offer points rebate close to 20% to 25% of the amount paid so you should see that as a discount when booking direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back