Switching from QFF to Citi Rewards for Prestige - points forfeited!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theevilmuppet

Hi all,

I signed up for the Citi Prestige card, had the 70,000 QFF points credited the day after my second statement arrived (which is surprisingly quick!) and then called Citi to change from QFF to Citi Rewards for future earn.

The CitiBot on the phone told me that changing at this time would forfeit any and all points earned since the start of the current statement period and that I should only make the change at the very beginning of the next statement period.

Have other members had this information provided to them, or is being incorrectly communicated? I would have expected that points earn would be finalised at statement closure and any points earn up until the change credited to Citi Rewards instead of a split between QFF and Citi.

As always, all replies are welcome.

The advice you received is correct.

Essentially, you're switching from one points accumulation database to another, and Citibank has no internal mechanism to transfer citi points into qantas points.
The best way forward is to wait til your statement cycle ends and there are 0 points in your account, then switch over.

Those are the terms, and I was willing to accept them for the handful of small transactions between when my statement closed on a Friday and the points posted to Qantas on Tuesday. My ongoing preference is for KrisFlyer/AsiaMiles/Velocity, and for the overseas bonus earn, and my next big trip starts in a few weeks.

However when I called to switch, the agent actually offered proactively to talk to someone in the back office and arrange for the vestigial points to go to Qantas. Sure enough, she called me back the next day, said they'd OKed it, and flicked the switch on the conversion to Citi Rewards.

I'm now earning Citi Rewards, and yesterday (about four working days after the switch) I also got the vestigial points in my Qantas account.

So you *might* luck out, and get the same great agent. But those *are* the terms, so YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back