Should I upgrade my Citi Platinum to Signature/Select?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I am seeking some invaluable AFF advice on the Citi Platinum and Signature cards.

I currently have the Citi Platinum card earning QFF points and I am thinking of:
  1. Upgrading to the Citi Signature
  2. Earning Citi Rewards points (instead of QFF points) with the aim of transferring these points to Krisflyer or Asia Miles
Questions I am hoping to get answered are:
  1. Is the change advisable considering an approximate annual spend of $120k?
  2. Does the Citi Signature card allow you to transfer to KF and AM (isn't clear as the Select webpage specifically says you can whereas the Signature does not)?
  3. How long has it taken people to transfer points to KF/AM (I've been advised that it transfers on your monthly anniversary date)?
  4. Has anyone who does not have no-fee-for-life been able to receive a free upgrade to Signature or Select?
  5. Has anyone upgraded mid annual anniversary cycle? Any issues with this?
Thanks in advance all!

Cheers

You can buy the extras the sig/select offer so unless you are exceeding the points cap I wouldn't bother.

There are certainly no 'money can't buy' or hidden extras.

Sent from my iPhone using Aust Freq Fly app

You can buy the extras the sig/select offer so unless you are exceeding the points cap I wouldn't bother.

There are certainly no 'money can't buy' or hidden extras.

Sent from my iPhone using Aust Freq Fly app

Thanks but I should clarify. Not looking to upgrade for the benefits as I already have the AMEX Plat Charge.

It is purely for the higher earn and the ability to transfer to KF/AM (if this is actually available).

I've been with Citi for many years with a couple of investment and line of credit products and when I moved back to Oz from EU in 2008 I looked around for the best QF direct point earn options and decided then to get a Citi Visa Plat - I hedged my bets and got a QF Amex Ultimate at the same time. Both earn 1 QF point per $ and it just went straight into my QFF account - simple :)

I got a letter from Citi back in Nov sometime and didn't pay much attention thinking it was another card promo, then shortly after that, spent about a month longer than planned in hospital for a back op that went a bit "cough up" and wasn't til I got back home from hospital pre chrissy that I saw another letter from Citi complete with new primary & supp cards and detailed the change up to Signature card option. This time I read it in some detail and indeed it spelt out the plan that my Citi Plat was now going to change to $2 per point and if I took the upgrade (for same annual fee as the Plat) then I'd still get my QF earn. Was only today I realised it had a Dec 31 deadline to accept the offer and the activation line closed 5.30pm Sat - luckily it popped into my mind to revisit the citi card letter this arvo and I called them with an hour to spare and accepted the changes to Signature.

I'd never heard of this card product before as I was plodding along just happy with my Citi Plat Visa and the fact that they always reverse the fee for me each year. So - I hope I have made the right choice in changing - I must admit I am confused by all the fine print! (I'm not a detail kinda guy - esp when it's so warm n sunny outside :)

One last point of concern was that the friendly gal from the Manila call centre said I'd have to re-apply for online banking???? This confused me no end - I have 4 Citi banking products and my Plat Visa just appeared online with my other accounts. After the call I logged in and there seems to be no option to "add new card". I sure hope I don't have to end up with two logins to separate Citi ID's - this would be a PITA. Has anyone else experienced this issue or does the new account detail just appear online after some time?

Any advice/experience from the "AFFF massive" re this last point appreciated.

BTW - happy NY to you all :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back