Shop small in your neighbourhood - Spend $20 or more and get $10 back

Status
Not open for further replies.

akeno

I saw this feed on twitter recently with #shopsmallau :):p;)

https://amexnetwork.com.au/shopsmall

This offer is quite good and I enjoy supporting small local cafes and restaurants. Now time to find my lists of shop small businesses...

Register your eligible American Express[SUP]®[/SUP] Card for Shop Small, and show support for the local businesses at the heart of your community.

The Shop Small movement runs throughout November, and between 23 & 30 November, you can get up to five $10 statement credits just by using your registered Card and spending $20 or more in one single transaction with five different participating shops, cafes, restaurants, and other small business locations.

Limited to the first 100,000 Cards to register.

[video=youtube;zvy0qbpk3GY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvy0qbpk3GY[/video]

Last edited:
Looks like a good promotion, too bad there is only one participating business in my city...

Should be able to find somewhere to spend $20/$40 (in two transactions, of course!).

50% off makes a lot of places very competitive.

Signed up.

The shop search is horrid
Postcodes don't work.
Type Sydney and you get businesses with Sydney St, Sydney mall etc all over the country.

Signed up.

The shop search is horrid
Postcodes don't work.
Type Sydney and you get businesses with Sydney St, Sydney mall etc all over the country.

postcode works just fine for me. you can also move the map to your area and hit 'redo search in this area' and it will load the places around there

Lol. love to support small business.....pity Amex doesn't with their outrageous charges.

Not many small businesses accept Amex.

Its not exactly clear from the site and the map that each business is participating - just that they (presumably) accept amex. Clarification from amex would be nice...

Its not exactly clear from the site and the map that each business is participating - just that they (presumably) accept amex. Clarification from amex would be nice...

seems clear to me

"
You can find out which businesses in your area are participating via our Shop Small map"

IME small business avoid AMEX like the plague. Good on them for trying to change the perception.......they could just drop their OTT charges though.

True, but it is the OTT charges that have left AMEX ahead of most others in terms of rewards program...

Signed up for this deal - heaps of places in Richmond where I can use this, including the bottle shop out the front of my house... 50% off beer is extremely appealing :)

Should be able to. I expect that it works as an auto-deduction when you use your Amex.

Some of the shops near me are also in the ET book - I wonder if I could double dip........

Easily, because Amex don't know what discounts you are using, and the cafe/etc doesn't know you have the amex discount. No subterfuge required.

Sounds Ok to me....eat out for $20...pay with registered AMEX card, then AMEX reimburses you $10 :)

The irony of a big global player helping the little guy.

A small bribe helps us ignore the fact :)

Sounds Ok to me....eat out for $20...pay with registered AMEX card, then AMEX reimburses you $10 :)

yeah it's not a bad deal, looks like I'll be out to lunch in my neighbourhood a few times between 23 and 30 november :)

Does every store on the list participate in the promotion or is it just a guess? And I am assuming you are not limited to one area only?

Does every store on the list participate in the promotion or is it just a guess? And I am assuming you are not limited to one area only?

The terms and conditions are very clear and available here: https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/AU/en/shop-small/?cid=ssaaco&source=Am2083

But since several people seem unsure or unable to read it I will repost here one part :

If you register an Eligible Card (your "Registered Card") through the registration page between 00:01 (AEST) on 1st of November 2013 and 23.59 (AEST) on 30th of November 2013 ("Enrolment Period") and spend $20 or more in one single Eligible Transaction on your Registered Card at one of the participating merchants listed athttps://amexnetwork.com.au/shopsmallmap in Australia between 00:01 (AEST) on 23rd of November 2013 and 23.59 (AEST) on 30th of November 2013 (the "Offer Period"), you will receive a $10 statement credit for each Eligible Transaction. The offer is limited to 5 statement credits with no more than one statement credit per merchant location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back