Select and signature points redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul d

Intern
I am confused ...... i know that with these cards it is 1:1 with Qantas ....ok
Now if you opt for the citi rewards program and receive 2 points per dollar spent - does that transfer to 2
KF points per dollar spent or do they dumb it down in the conversion ???
please help ...... very confused .

PD

You can choose:

Citibank Rewards
1.5 Citibank reward points = 1 KrisFlyer mile, redemptions must be in multiples of 15,000 Citibank reward points.
1.5 Citibank reward points = 1 Velocity point, redemptions must be in multiples of 15,000 Citibank reward points
2 Citibank reward points = 1 Asia Mile, redemptions must be in multiples of 5,000 Citibank reward points

-or-

Citibank Qantas Rewards
Earn rate on Citibank's Signature and Select Credit Cards is 1 Qantas Frequent Flyer point for every $1 spent. This program has an annual fee of $49 in addition to your card's standard annual fee.

Last edited:
Citibank Australia - Rewards Program

agree, these things are often hard to find and sometimes even harder to understand. What these forums are for ;)
Look for the citibank points match thread which discusses an interesting tactic to use the citi rewards points for Qantas flights

Basically each 15,000 Citi Rewards you have transfers to Kris Flyer as 10,000 Kris Flyer points. For domestic expenditure you get 2 Citi Rewards so it is a net 1.33 real points per dollar spent.

For domestic spends, Signature earns 1.5 points per $ while Select earns 2 points per $.

So it becomes:
Citbank Signature . $1 = 1.5 reward points = 1 KrisFlyer mile, 1 Velocity point, 0.75 Asia Miles.
Citibank Select . $1 = 2 reward points = 1.33 KrisFlyer miles, 1.33 Velocity points,1 Asia Mile.
Citibank Qantas Rewards (either Select or Signature). $1 = 1 QFF point.

I am a new Citi Select card holder and fairly good with this stuff in general...
However, without having read anything about it in onlineforums and just having relied on Citi's T&Cs and the card's PDS document, I was staggered to find once I had actually received, activated and spent on the card that the redemption rate was not 1:1. Previously I have only ever had cards with 1:1 redemption rates.

Citi need to do a better job with being transparent with their rewards program, as it just sours what should be a good program if they were just clear upfront about what you are actually getting.

vantage03 Citi Select to Kris Flyer as a Visa card is just totally superb if you see my post numbered 4 in this thread. 1.33 points (net per dollar) for domestic spending and 3.33 points (net per dollar) for international spending will really get you places using Singapore Airlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back