Sad New Year!!!!! Amex Bonii vanished....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovetravellingoz

Enthusiast
Ok as the clock strikes midnight on Dec 31, it is normally the signal for an outburst of joy.

But midnight on Dec 31 saw a bevvy of generous Amex Bonus Partner Bonii vanish.:(

From BP Petrol, to Harvey Norman, To Lush to several others it has been a fruitful bonus period in the last part of 2011.:)

2011 was a good bonii year. Not just for purchases either as a variety of generous card joining bonii appeared, and indeed joining the wife up for a number saw her gain 216 K (though 136 K was for non-Amex Cards)..

The DSE 5 pointer with mistaken closing date (to give it an extra 3 months) saw half a year of blissful 5 point bonii gained on a wide range of purchases, which with a surge of cards bought in June saw several months of bonus buying continue. All in all enough points for two J returns to Europe made it a more than useful promo.

The bevvy of new bonii late in the year saw bonii spending continue. All topped up with some extra spend bonii that Amex issued.

2k here for a Supp Cardmember bonus, 40K for a refer-a-friend (for the wife!!!) and 10K for Overseas Transfer all added to the 2011 booty.

But now that 2012 has arrived, the Amex bonii cupboard is looking bare.

We will have to wait and see what comes up....and when...let the hunt begin.

I totally agree!!

AAMI's 10x was a winner, having spent a bit over $2K all up, on renewing insurances / switching over and saving actual costs was great benefit. :p

Vodafone's 7,500 bonus MR points per new contract was a good one too; signed up one for the brother and father .... they're paying for the contract but I have received the 15,000 points for just telling them to pay using my card :)

Some other 5x was very good (just waiting for BP to correctly post though) and some cash back deals were pretty neat.

Now waiting for Amex to lure us into spending some more in 2012!!

I am waiting and waiting for the new boni deals to start again!

Usually takes Amex a few months to sort out new deals and boni partners!

Luckily I still have lots of Wish gift cards, and BP gift cards which is great for most of my spending for another 6 months :mrgreen:

Time to mention that the BP offer has been extended.

Sent from my iPhone using Aust Freq Fly app so please excuse the lack of links.

Time to mention that the BP offer has been extended.

Sent from my iPhone using Aust Freq Fly app so please excuse the lack of links.

Yes while the T&C has not changed, bonus points are posting (I did a test), with rumour being that the promo has been extended till June.:D

Unfortunately though (or fortunately in terms of saving $) my wife and I do not do many Km, and so our petrol purchases are modest and there is little of value to buy at BP besides fuel which limits this for me toa small Points Run.. So say another 12K in points for me. So a nice boost, rather than a good haul.

Still 10K here and 10 K there eventually add up to another J return to Europe.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back