Rewards Points on Plat Velocity + Plat Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

zinkle

Intern
I have a Amex Plat Edge card at the moment and looking to get the Amex Plat Velocity to take advantage of the sign on bonus.

I understand the points earn to mean:

Plat Edge earns Amex Membership Rewards Ascent points.
Plat Velocity earns Velocity points.

Is there a way to combine the cards to earn points on the same program or that wishful thinking?

I have a Amex Plat Edge card at the moment and looking to get the Amex Plat Velocity to take advantage of the sign on bonus.

I understand the points earn to mean:

Plat Edge earns Amex Membership Rewards Ascent points.
Plat Velocity earns Velocity points.

Is there a way to combine the cards to earn points on the same program or that wishful thinking?

Is the Plat Velocity a better earner for Velocity points? I thought they were the same at 1:1 (except for supermarkets and fuel on the edge). If you are just buying sign on points then there is probably no reason to even use the Velocity Amex ... just put it in the drawer and cancel after your points have arrived .. I assume they sweep directly to Velocity.

I'm sure you already know that MR points can be transferred to Velocity at 1:1

Is the Plat Velocity a better earner for Velocity points? I thought they were the same at 1:1 (except for supermarkets and fuel on the edge). If you are just buying sign on points then there is probably no reason to even use the Velocity Amex ... just put it in the drawer and cancel after your points have arrived .. I assume they sweep directly to Velocity.

Plat Velocity 1.5/$1
DJ/VA flights 3/$1
And 2 for 1 Business Class flights with VA/Delta codeshare to US

I'm sure you already know that MR points can be transferred to Velocity at 1:1

Yes and with the 3, 2, 1 Edge bonus it seems as the better everyday spend, especially when Amex has the 25% bonus transfer to velocity

Could someone please enlighten me re the 25% bonus transfer to Velocity?

I have not heard of this before.

Thanks.......

Yes and with the 3, 2, 1 Edge bonus it seems as the better everyday spend, especially when Amex has the 25% bonus transfer to velocity

Could someone please enlighten me re the 25% bonus transfer to Velocity?

I have not heard of this before.

Thanks.......

I think this refers to the occasional promotion that Velocity runs once or twice a year. Just recently I transferred a large number of CBA reward points to VFF with a 20% extra bonus. Other bank rewards systems and Amex are often included in these promotions.

So far as I am aware there is no promotion on at this time (16th Feb 2012).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back