RewardPay experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsb

I saw an article in Aus Biz traveller for www.rewardpay.com.au and was really interested in this. I used to pay around $200k+ on cards inc ATO payments but stopped a while ago with the points reduction (currently use a Citibank Visa). I used to have an AMEX biz platinum but cancelled it because of cost and point reduction but it would seem that RewardPay makes that equation somewhat more interesting.

That said, I don't know whether this is too good to be true. AMEX says only half a point with utilities and I wonder if this falls under that category. Does anyone have any experience with this service? I know I'm being cynical, but getting an AMEX and paying $1200 pa isn't something I want to do unless I am really getting what is promised.

BTW, I know the card fee is 2.64% which is a whack, but I can pay that in my biz and enjoy the redemption for personal travel, so it's kind of like getting (travel) money tax free.

Does anyone have any insight here?

I have never heard of RewardPay. At 2.64% it is pretty steep but it depends on how much you value your points and how many PPD you earn.

Tried to use this to pay a supplier last Sunday. Wouldn't accept two different Amex cards. Both were companion cards (ANZ & NAB) and personal not business, so maybe that's why. Perhaps the system is programmed to only accept designated business cards? I emailed reward pay last Sunday to ask but haven't received a reply, which is pretty slack.

Tried to use this to pay a supplier last Sunday. Wouldn't accept two different Amex cards. Both were companion cards (ANZ & NAB) and personal not business, so maybe that's why. Perhaps the system is programmed to only accept designated business cards? I emailed reward pay last Sunday to ask but haven't received a reply, which is pretty slack.
Don't know how they would know whether it's a Companion Amex or straight amex, is there a way to differentiate by the card number? and also how would they tell if it's personal/business card?

Don't know how they would know whether it's a Companion Amex or straight amex, is there a way to differentiate by the card number? and also how would they tell if it's personal/business card?

Using the BIN of the credit card (the first six digits), it's easy to tell whether it's a straight Amex or a companion (see https://www.bindb.com/bin-list.html).

The ausbt article on this used the example of earning 1.5 ppd on the CBA business amex card. If that's accurate, then maybe the issue isn't whether it's a companion card or not, but if it's a business or personal card?

Try Qudos if you are ready for the torture of getting to YES with their CC.

I tried calling rewardpay yesterday. Went straight through to message bank and haven't received a call back. They seem pretty useless tbh.

Try Qudos if you are ready for the torture of getting to YES with their CC.
I'd be interested in hearing about your experience. $1 = 1 QFF point on a visa seems interesting though

Qudos is going pretty well. On Sunday night it failed to process at a restaurant in Sydney when the rain was crazy. I fixed it with Amex Ultimate. Other than that it has been a real winner. I have done more than xx_,xx_ QF points in a few months.

Just tried a payment via rewardspay using Westpac Black.

Adding a new payee took a while as you'll need their ABN/telephone/email/address + bank details before payment can be process.

Might be bit confusing initially as they charge you the (surcharge + gst) on a separate invoice, but I believe the payment is processed as 1 amount, e.g. Bill+(surcharge+gst). I'll see how my book keeper likes this new method of payment.

Will let you know how quick they charge the card compared to how long it takes for them to pay off the actual bill.

I've had a pretty shoddy experience with these guys- very unprofessional. Tried processing a trial $1 payment over 2 weeks ago and when it didn't go through I tried their telephone which went straight to VM. Eventually they got back to me, after my sending multiple emails. For some strange reason they refused to do any transactions when I started questioning them and sent me a response advising me that transactions processed by me are from outside Australia and as a result cannot be processed. Mine is an Australian Pty Ltd company, the registered address is in Sydney, directors are Australian citizens residing in Sydney, the entities being paid are Australian companies ( how else can I process the funds to Australian bank accounts?) and I'm using an Australian company Business American Express card. Certainly, this ticks all the boxes for the ASIC,ATO and the DIBP, which are the government authorities policing fraudulent activities. I asked them to send me their "Geo-location monitoring tools" details so I can take it up with my internet provider (Foxtel/Telstra), however I haven't received any response from them. A$1650 transaction processed with them failed and I've had to sort out the delayed payment with a vendor to prevent it escalating further. I've taken this up with Amex. My only suggestion, be careful in conducting any business with them as they seem out of their depths and don't appear to be worth the drama.

I tried rewardpay this morning - the site is definitely buggy - e.g not showing payee in the drop down during payment, not remembering that you are logged in when moving from screens, error acknowledgement button not responsive &etc
oh, and gives a "not enrolled" error after submitting CC details.
I called the 1300 number and it goes to a 3rd party answering service....

I've processed about 5 transactions so far.
I wrongly input Bank account number into bank account holder name and later that day received a call from someone at reward pay advising of this so I could fix it up for them to process the CC transaction.
Input the Payee info is really really really annoying as you can't leave any fields blank, i.e. Website, telephone #, email address.
Not sure about timing of payments as I made a payment through Reward pay on the 12/6 and it shows on their site that it was process today, 01/07/16, not sure if this is an error or not? but that is a very long time to process a transaction, about 18 days to process. Just emailed the supplier to double check when my payment went through to confirm.

Some payments I did on 27/6 and got process today as well. Not sure if they hold all transaction amounts until the end of the month to process in 1 go or they are very slow?

So if you want to use this service, don't use it if you have a tight deadline to meet.

Their FAQ says payments will be processed within 3-4 business days, i.e. Suppliers will be paid by then.

Not sure about timing of payments as I made a payment through Reward pay on the 12/6 and it shows on their site that it was process today, 01/07/16, not sure if this is an error or not? but that is a very long time to process a transaction, about 18 days to process. Just emailed the supplier to double check when my payment went through to confirm.
Got received an email from the supplier. Payment went through on 15/06/16 for them, so essentially a 3 day turn around. They just need to have the correct info on the site.

I've just started using this. Tried registering a few months ago and had constant issues with (not) receiving the SMS security codes, and also that the site wouldn't accept Big Four AMEX cards (only those direct from AMEX).

Happy to say that I'm now receiving SMS codes and suppliers are receiving their payments as intended - one payment was made online via RewardPay on a Monday morning and appeared in my supplier's account on Wednesday morning, which was much faster than I'd expected. The supplier name also appears on my card statement after 'REWARDPAY', so it's easy to work out what each payment is for.

Liking this so far! ~2.6% surcharge isn't great, however, so naturally I only use it for suppliers that don't accept AMEX direct for a lower fee, or PayPal/Stripe.

I've just started using this. Tried registering a few months ago and had constant issues with (not) receiving the SMS security codes, and also that the site wouldn't accept Big Four AMEX cards (only those direct from AMEX).

Happy to say that I'm now receiving SMS codes and suppliers are receiving their payments as intended - one payment was made online via RewardPay on a Monday morning and appeared in my supplier's account on Wednesday morning, which was much faster than I'd expected. The supplier name also appears on my card statement after 'REWARDPAY', so it's easy to work out what each payment is for.

Liking this so far! ~2.6% surcharge isn't great, however, so naturally I only use it for suppliers that don't accept AMEX direct for a lower fee, or PayPal/Stripe.

Well, really it's 2.4% then tax deduction brings it to 1.6%. I'm using amex explorer which is on the ascent program so earning 2pts/$ so I consider this good value, compared to being charged 1% for visa/mc (or greater than 2.4% for amex) or not being able to use CC at all.

I've never had a problem with it since I set it up a few months ago. Only problem is my card got declined because I put about 14k through it a couple times and it got declined and card put on hold. I have to wait about 2 days after reloading the amex before I can put it through Reward pay for large split transactions.

Just to revive this thread. Is it worth using rewardpay at their % assuming - you. An claim the GST on their fee and you can claim 30% of their fee as a tax deduction.

Is there a better method of paying ATO and super and other large bills who do not accept credit cards in the current environment.

Should I wait after 1/7 with the whole rba changes on credit card points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back