Replacement Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj92

Intern
Hey all,

My card is a bit damaged and is needing a replacement, just wondering if I order a replacement card will the card number stay the same? That way I don't have to update billers

Cheers

Almost certain that AMEX will issue a new card number, a couple of changes in the last four digits.
This is unlike many Visa/MasterCard issuers who will re-issue the same card number.

Hey all,

My card is a bit damaged and is needing a replacement, just wondering if I order a replacement card will the card number stay the same? That way I don't have to update billers

Cheers

Most definitely the new card will have a different number...

Damn that's annoying... I assumed that because nothing fraudulent had occurred it would be a straight replacement. Anyway, not the end of the world!

According to a customer service rep I spoke to a couple of weeks ago; technically you can still be charged for services using the old card number. Apparently all subsequent issued cards will be linked to the former card/ "master account".

Different number.

Then again I didn't activate my new card (somehow the old and damaged card has resurrected itself :D)

Just got told they change the last 5 digits on the new card. I'll procrastinate a bit before i get a new one, it still works so hopefully it will for a while longer

I have an Edge card and my old Gold Ascent can still be charged through.. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back