Rental Rewards & Amex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyer 777

Does anyone use rental rewards with an Amex direct issued card? If so any issues with this?
Cheers

Currently using it with AMEX Explorer, also no issues. An easy way to automatically pay rent and earn points!

I have used a Platinum Edge without issue but I definitely recommend comparing the cost of the additional points to the value you expect to receive from them given the hefty surcharge for Amex.

It was too much for me and I reverted to Visa/MasterCard pretty quickly.

Currently using it with AMEX Explorer, also no issues. An easy way to automatically pay rent and earn points!
For AMEX it's 2.65%, and for that I earn 1.5 KrisFlyer miles per $1 spent, which puts the cost at 1.76 cents per mile. At that rate I'd have enough miles for a one-way Australia-Europe business class flight after paying $1,848 in fees, which I'm quite happy with: especially when most of my other AMEX purchases attract no surcharge at all, so the actual 'cost' of that flight is significantly lower (and I do like that rent payments just happen automatically without taking up my time, which adds a convenience factor into the pricing). :)

Might not be worth it if you're only using a 1/$1 card like Platinum Edge or Plat Charge, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back