Redeeming for Virgin Australia Flights Operated by Alliance Not Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brissyflyer

I was looking at doing a redemption booking through the citibank travel program / take flight and it seems you cannot book on Virgin Australia flights operated by Alliance (and also the ATR72 flights which are operated by Skywest). This seems strange as the flights are marketed by DJ and are only sold as DJ flights. I much rather book through Take Flight as the redemption rates are better than Velocity (and I earn points and SC on the booking then as well).

Is it worth calling Citibank which I can't do until tonight.

I was looking at doing a redemption booking through the citibank travel program / take flight and it seems you cannot book on Virgin Australia flights operated by Alliance (and also the ATR72 flights which are operated by Skywest). This seems strange as the flights are marketed by DJ and are only sold as DJ flights. I much rather book through Take Flight as the redemption rates are better than Velocity (and I earn points and SC on the booking then as well).

Is it worth calling Citibank which I can't do until tonight.

I think you need to have a closer look at the Velocity redemption rates, all you need is 6900 points or thereabouts to go anywhere in Australia, plus cash for taxes etc.

Still don't know what the issue is so ended up booking direct.

As far as value I was referring to redeeming citibank points to Velocity, based on full redemptions (fare + taxes) the citibank travel program redemptions work out better value.

As far as value I was referring to redeeming citibank points to Velocity, based on full redemptions (fare + taxes) the citibank travel program redemptions work out better value.

I understand that but think you missed my point, if you look at J redemptions using the points + pay method, its pretty hard to beat SYD-BNE for 6900 + $40 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back