Receive referral bonus for a card I no longer have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi AFF,

I tried searching on this forum and google with no luck. So figured I'd ask here.

As the title suggests, I had an Amex premium cc which I closed in November last year. I still have however the referral link for that card and clicking it does seem to work ie extra points for the referee for using my referral link.

Question is, would I still get the referral bonus of 20-30k, if I gave the link to a friend?

Also if it does work, would I qualify for the referral bonus if I generated a Qantas Ultimate link?

Thanks.

Hi Mokuni, Did you find out if you can use an Amex referral link after the card has been cancelled?

Hey!! No didn't get reply. I know the link works, but can't confirm if I would get the points. From the silence, I'm assuming I wouldn't get the referral bonus.

Hey!! No didn't get reply. I know the link works, but can't confirm if I would get the points. From the silence, I'm assuming I wouldn't get the referral bonus.

I am not sure how you could get the points as they are awarded against a card. So if you do not have the card where would you expect the points to go to?

For amex MR I get it as you need an active rewards But for amex Qantas, i assumed it went straight to the Qantas FF.

Why?

Points get earnt, pooled and then go to QFF.

When you had the card did every transaction go direct to QFF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back