Quick question - Can my card and my partners card be linked to same Airline account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slodki

Intern
This is such a silly question on my part! I tried researching but didn't really come up with anything.

I think the answer is Yes - however want to clarify. Can my card and my partners card link to the same airline account? I'm assuming it makes no difference to have multiple cards linking to the one airline account.

Thanks!

Re: Quick question - Can my card and my partners card be linked to same Airline accou

Are they separate credit cards or is one a supplementary card of the other's account?

If separate - generally no. The names must match.

If a supplementary card, then yes, as all the points will go to the principle card holder's account.

Re: Quick question - Can my card and my partners card be linked to same Airline accou

Hmmmmm...I see.

It would be separate cards. I was thinking of signing up for the Amex Gateway card, then referring my partner - and the final outcome was to get all the points in one AA account.

Could probably do a transfer of the AA point, but that will cost a few dollars.

From what you detail you would have two separate card holders. In such a case I don't believe you can direct the points all to one AA account.

You can direct your Amex MR to SPG then consolidate in one account before transferring to AA.

SPG let you trnafer points between accounts as long as they have shared the same address for at least 30 days.

We have done a similar thing with our 240k Explorer sign up.

240k Amex Gateway MR became 120K SPG which will become 360k Mariott Points. We are using the Marriott Nights and Flights package to convert that into 7 nights at a category 8 Mariott and either 120k AA or AK Miles..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back