QF9 new departure time

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirKat

Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Posts
265
We're headed to LHR in a few weeks on the retimed QF9 departing MEL at 23:30.

We were quite used to the old departure time and I'm trying to work out what time I should book a car for. Ordinarily we'd arrive 3 hours before to enjoy spa treatments and a late lunch in the lounge. If I look at 3 hours prior now though that has us arriving at the airport at 20:30. What time will the spa be open until? And will we be able to have dinner in the F lounge at 9 or 10 at night?

Alternatively, should we arrive earlier? I recall Sydney was trialling all day check-in but I don't remember seeing anything about this for Mel departures?

Many thanks
 
We're headed to LHR in a few weeks on the retimed QF9 departing MEL at 23:30.

We were quite used to the old departure time and I'm trying to work out what time I should book a car for. Ordinarily we'd arrive 3 hours before to enjoy spa treatments and a late lunch in the lounge. If I look at 3 hours prior now though that has us arriving at the airport at 20:30. What time will the spa be open until? And will we be able to have dinner in the F lounge at 9 or 10 at night?

Alternatively, should we arrive earlier? I recall Sydney was trialling all day check-in but I don't remember seeing anything about this for Mel departures?

Many thanks

Hi Lounge is open all day as is the Spa however the big issue is First Check in which I understand does not open till 3 and half hours prior to departure. You could do as I did in Thursday evening go with Hand Luggage only then check in on line and you may enter the lounge with a significant amount of time to enjoy in it.

Yes you will definitely be able to dine on the full menu at 9 or 10 or later.

Happy flying and enjoy the lounge
 
Many thanks. No chance of hand luggage only I am afraid. 3 and a half hours is better than 3, I'll aim for an 8pm airport arrival.
 
Elevate your business spending to first-class rewards! Sign up today with code AFF10 and process over $10,000 in business expenses within your first 30 days to unlock 10,000 Bonus PayRewards Points.
Join 30,000+ savvy business owners who:

✅ Pay suppliers who don’t accept Amex
✅ Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
✅ Earn & transfer PayRewards Points to 10+ airline & hotel partners

Start earning today!
- Pay suppliers who don’t take Amex
- Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
- Earn & Transfer PayRewards Points to 8+ top airline & hotel partners

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top