QF v VA: website, FF program & general booking experience | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

QF v VA: website, FF program & general booking experience

Max Samuels

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
As a recent devotee of VA, I had not made a QF booking for a while (6 months or so). So when I had to make a QF booking last night I was reminded at how much BETTER they are than VA in this regard..... sign on once with my FF number and BANG! - all there in front of me. Reward flights, money flights.... anything I want. So easy.

I'm sorry VA, but it is true. Your booking process is so confusing. Why are there different portals for Velocity and Virgin Australia? Why does it make me log into each of them separately? Why, when I have checked-in, can I not use the VA App to change seats? Why do the VA lounges have MORE LOUNGE RECEPTION STAFF THAN THEY DO SERVICE AGENTS??????? The other day in MEL I swear there were 5 reception staff, smiling and signing people in, but in the horrible little dark corner where the service desk is - where people are actually doing work at changing flights and doing upgrades etc - why was there only 2 people????????

I still prefer VA in the air, but on the ground........ computer says "no".

jase05

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Agree 100%
VA has a superior product in most areas but their booking system is shocking

woodborer

In my experience, the reception staff can help out at changing seats etc.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaeess