Qantas Direct Vs Ascent

Status
Not open for further replies.

manlai

Intern
Hi All,

I had been happily going along with my AMEX card until i stumbled on this site a few months ago. It has been excellent. Who knew of all the bonus features of a credit card that just don't get told to you?

I currently have my AMEX linked to Qantas Direct. I have noticed however that there are no "extras" linked to this with my credit card but when i look at the bonus points etc it seems that linking my card to ascent would be better? Could you please help me out with a few questions.

Can I send points to Qantas through Ascent?
I'm currently on 1.25 ff points per dollar - do i get a better rate with Ascent, and are the bonus points better?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Manlai

I think Ascent premium can be directed to QFF but i believe this is only possible with a Platinum charge card.

I have a direct Qantas Amex premium card that mainly gets used for Qantas purchases for the bonus points (2.25 QFF / $ spent) but recently was offered a promotion for 2 bonus / $ spent on all purchases through to the end of the year limited to 20,000 bonus points.

The good thing about Ascent is that you have so many different airline partners that accept the MR points. Airlines like SQ, CX may offer better redemptions than QFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back