Qantas American Express Discovery Card PROMO....Hit or Miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANT

Established Member
Hi all,

Got the mail
1. $0 Annual Fee
2. 10K QFF points TOTAL
3. 2.5 first spend
4. 5K extra with $300 spend in first 3 months
5. 2.5 extra after buying $10.95 in Qantas shop.

Should I accept or better options?

I have Bankwest Plat Lite, Westpac Altitude, Coles Source, 28 degrees and probably another 3 I can't think of(Virgin went to what Westpac or something)

Interesting enough the application does not have preloaded details?

Pity it did not come in before the tax bill to be paid :(

Thinking get the points and transfer to family.

Comments...updated as gave initially wrong info!

Last edited:
Hi all,

Got the mail
1. $0 Annual Fee
2. 10K QFF points
3. 5K extra with $300 spend in first 3 months
4. 2.5 extra after buying $10.95 in Qantas shop.

Should I accept or better options?

I have Bankwest Plat Lite, Westpac Altitude, Coles Source, 28 degrees and probably another 3 I can't think of(Virgin went to what Westpac or something)

Interesting enough the application does not have preloaded details?

Pity it did not come in before the tax bill to be paid :(

Thinking get the points and transfer to family.

Comments

sounds like a sitter.

Are you sure it's extra 5k after $300 spend, and 2.5k after Qantas spend?

according to the website, you get 10k bonus all together.
2.5k after first spend
5k after $300 spend
and 2.5k after a qantas spend.
total of 10k

Are you sure it's extra 5k after $300 spend, and 2.5k after Qantas spend?

according to the website, you get 10k bonus all together.
2.5k after first spend
5k after $300 spend
and 2.5k after a qantas spend.
total of 10k

For those unaware, this promo is still on, with the added bonus of $50 grocery gift card if you issue a supplementary card with the initial application.

Damn, i didnt see the $50.

BTW, if you already have an amex card, can you benefit from the bonus points? or have to be completely new customer?

Good question... anyone with experience with this one? Have certainly had trouble 'extracting' points before from cards when an existing customer, even when it was never specified in the T & C's?

Good question... anyone with experience with this one? Have certainly had trouble 'extracting' points before from cards when an existing customer, even when it was never specified in the T & C's?

I didn't get the bonus points when I changed to it earlier in the year. I did get the 2500 points for a purchase with Qantas, but not the other bonus points. I will probably cancel it so that I will be eligible for any future upcoming promotions on the Amex QFF cards.

as long as you cancel your previous Qantas American Express card before you apply for another one, you should be eligible for the point.

I received 7500 pts when within the first month for signup/spend bonus earlier this year. I didn't get the extra 2500 pts as I didn't purchase anything through Qantas, I have since cancelled the card and back to running a 2 card system.

I received 7500 pts when within the first month for signup/spend bonus earlier this year. I didn't get the extra 2500 pts as I didn't purchase anything through Qantas, I have since cancelled the card and back to running a 2 card system.

I think that's the way to do it. It does look a bit messy though, I always miss the bonus points because I can never remember where and how much I'm supposed to spend on what card. :mad:

Matt

how long does it take to get the bonus? is it really after your frist bill has been paid? and also how long does it take to transfer the QFF points? as i have an impending JASA booking and needing those points :). Will i make it? haha. There is no better fee free card than this one isnt that right/ except maybe the bmw card but no longer on promotion ?

how long does it take to get the bonus? is it really after your frist bill has been paid? and also how long does it take to transfer the QFF points? as i have an impending JASA booking and needing those points :). Will i make it? haha. There is no better fee free card than this one isnt that right/ except maybe the bmw card but no longer on promotion ?

You get points as soon as the eligible purchase is made. But it will take a billing period to transfer to qf

It must be better than the Amex Plat offer early this year, apparently I and others missed the fine print re getting the free 75K points promptly, even after a number of requests, they eventually arrived after 3 months. Wife got ANZ QF Viza/Amex cards same 3 months to receive points, very poor showing by both IMO.

Hi all,

Got the mail
1. $0 Annual Fee
2. 10K QFF points TOTAL
3. 2.5 first spend
4. 5K extra with $300 spend in first 3 months
5. 2.5 extra after buying $10.95 in Qantas shop.

Just to confirm any purchase from Official Qantas Shop Home will qualify as a spend on " selected Qantas products and services." for the bonus points?

The cheapest I can find with delivery to Perth is the key chain for $4.95 + $13.54 for shipping and a total of $18.49. What are you pricing for $10.95?

Thanks

Just to confirm any purchase from Official Qantas Shop Home will qualify as a spend on " selected Qantas products and services." for the bonus points?

The cheapest I can find with delivery to Perth is the key chain for $4.95 + $13.54 for shipping and a total of $18.49. What are you pricing for $10.95?

Thanks

The qantas shop didn't accept Amex for payment last time i checked. Have they changed that?

The qantas shop didn't accept Amex for payment last time i checked. Have they changed that?

Whoops you are correct, they don't take Amex.

Do you know what the original poster is referring to regarding the $10.95 spend in the Qantas Shop for the bonus points? I'd like to get my bonus points but won't be flying Qantas anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back