Purchase protection (i.e. additional warranty) when paying through paypal (amex fund)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedge

Hi,

I am considering purchasing an item through paypal (funded by my amex) from an australian store as they charge a surcharge for Amex and not paypal.

Will amex purchase protection still apply on this item? It's a phone, and i'd like the additional warranty that the insurance offers.

I will call them in the morning as they only take calls for insurance info until 8pm Sydney time.

Re: Purchase protection (i.e. additional warranty) when paying through paypal (amex f

This question came up over a year ago but I can't track down the thread. I'm pretty sure the conclusion was that it would. I would confirm by phone as you planned however.

Re: Purchase protection (i.e. additional warranty) when paying through paypal (amex f

I will call them in the morning as they only take calls for insurance info until 8pm Sydney time.

Please do let us know what their answer was.

Please do let us know what their answer was.
I just called them and was advised that as long as the full amount is charged to the card, using Paypal is fine.

I haven't seen a post about this elsewhere. Just wanted to warn others of my experience. I'm not sure if the Amex purchase protection ever included 'lost' items. Seems to now only cover 'stolen or damaged'.
By contrast, my Citi Prestige which I have been moving away from back to Amex includes 'lost' items in their purchase protection.
Not a deal breaker for me but another example of penny pinching 'enhancements'.

I haven't seen a post about this elsewhere. Just wanted to warn others of my experience. I'm not sure if the Amex purchase protection ever included 'lost' items. Seems to now only cover 'stolen or damaged'.
By contrast, my Citi Prestige which I have been moving away from back to Amex includes 'lost' items in their purchase protection.
Not a deal breaker for me but another example of penny pinching 'enhancements'.

Correct. For my edge, the following benefits are quoted on my amex account:

[h=2]Retail Protection[/h] Our retail protection benefits cover you for everything from theft to refunds on purchases.

Refund Protection - we’ll credit your account if you’re refused a refund on an unused eligible items within 90 days of purchase[SUP]1[/SUP].

Purchase Protection repairs or refunds eligible items if they are accidentally broken or stolen within 90 days of purchase[SUP]1[/SUP].

Extended Warranty provides cover for the breakdown or defect of eligible items after the original warranty has expired[SUP]1[/SUP].

Online Fraud Protection Guarantee - You can shop online with confidence knowing you won’t be held responsible for any unauthorised charges online as long as you notify us immediately[SUP]2[/SUP].

Seems to be the case for Platinum charge and explorer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back